Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Trinity...aka Shoney's Showdown

Featured Replies

A lot of schools work hard, but only one has the largest male enrollment in the state and pays for top athletes in the county and nearby state to attend their school. Who do you people think you are kidding? With that being said, Trinity does what they are supposed to do given their resources - WIN! I applaud them for that, but I don't knock any school with half the male enrollment and way less than half the number of players for not playing them.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A lot of schools work hard, but only one has the largest male enrollment in the state and pays for top athletes in the county and nearby state to attend their school. Who do you people think you are kidding? With that being said, Trinity does what they are supposed to do given their resources - WIN! I applaud them for that, but I don't knock any school with half the male enrollment and way less than half the number of players for not playing them.

 

Sparky buddy, please don't post garbage like this. You are making yourself look bad. Stick with some facts if you have any.

A lot of schools work hard, but only one has the largest male enrollment in the state and pays for top athletes in the county and nearby state to attend their school. Who do you people think you are kidding? With that being said, Trinity does what they are supposed to do given their resources - WIN! I applaud them for that, but I don't knock any school with half the male enrollment and way less than half the number of players for not playing them.

 

PLEASE!

  • Author

1500 boys, Shoney's on Fern Valley Road, a kid from Newberg, a "booster" with a cashier's check. There are the facts, now start denying it. The only ones that look bad are the parents at Trinity paying tuition for the skilled positions that pay nothing.

1500 boys, Shoney's on Fern Valley Road, a kid from Newberg, a "booster" with a cashier's check. There are the facts, now start denying it. The only ones that look bad are the parents at Trinity paying tuition for the skilled positions that pay nothing.

 

Who is this mysterious booster I keep hearing about & how in the heck did he miss out on Damarcus Smith, Jon Davis, Devontae Parker, all the recent studs to come out of Central? Evidence is something that would stand up in court, all you've provided is simple hearsay, rumor, innuendo, etc... I do encourage you to please turn in any evidence you have to the KHSAA so we can put this issue to bed once & for all...

Who is this mysterious booster I keep hearing about & how in the heck did he miss out on Damarcus Smith, Jon Davis, Devontae Parker, all the recent studs to come out of Central? Evidence is something that would stand up in court, all you've provided is simple hearsay, rumor, innuendo, etc... I do encourage you to please turn in any evidence you have to the KHSAA so we can put this issue to bed once & for all...

 

We have one poster on here screaming that Trinity is doing something wrong. I believe that if Trinity was doing something wrong , that everybody in the Louisville area would be screaming in harmony , especially the ones in Trinity's district . I believe this person is just trying to "stir the pot ". Why , who knows ?

1500 boys, Shoney's on Fern Valley Road, a kid from Newberg, a "booster" with a cashier's check. There are the facts, now start denying it. The only ones that look bad are the parents at Trinity paying tuition for the skilled positions that pay nothing.

 

Yeah, and Highlands gets 10-15 stud players from Ohio every year; Ft. Campbell gets their stud athletes from other Army posts because the Commanding General of the Post gets the Pentagon to transfer the mothers and fathers to Ft. Campbell; Boyle gets their best players when Corning offers bogus jobs to parents from Tennessee and gets them to move to Boyle County; every one on Bell County's team really lives in West Virginia but says they live in Ky; it goes on and on.

 

Look, I'm not saying that no coaches at a few schools ever skirt the rules. I'm not that naive to think such. Human nature is what it is. With the ridiculous emphasis placed on winning in high school athletics these days, I'm sure some coaches, perhaps a lot of coaches, feel extreme pressure to advance deep into the playoffs. I'm sure that some fanatical boosters cross the lines. But I don't believe it (cheating) happens near as often that people think and allege it does, and to be quite frank, I think the higher profile schools do it less than any one else because they are on every one's radar screen. They know that there are many folks that would just love to turn their programs into the KHSAA to be sanctioned. From what I know, the successful schools are almost paranoid in their adherence to the rules.

 

But if you are right and you have the facts, turn them into the KHSAA. If you don't, then you are complicit to the cheating and are as responsible for cheating as the cheaters are.

A lot of schools work hard, but only one has the largest male enrollment in the state and pays for top athletes in the county and nearby state to attend their school. Who do you people think you are kidding? With that being said, Trinity does what they are supposed to do given their resources - WIN! I applaud them for that, but I don't knock any school with half the male enrollment and way less than half the number of players for not playing them.

 

Your right but not sure what St. X has do with this.

Shouldn't you be looking for baseball players at Shoney's.....what with the Grand Slam and all?

This is such a slippery slope, and without solid proof it is hard to distinguish between right and wrong. It is frustrating to see the same teams win year in and year out but in cases that I am familar with notably Highlands, I can say that there isnt a team or coaching staff that works harder or more hours than they do. Believe me it hurts to say this but we ask for truth in this thread and the truth is that if you look at who is winning most of the time they get the dedication of all involved and that is what is what wins. And yes, if you take the coaching staff at Highlands or trinity or X and put them in another school they will succeed, maybe not in one day week or year, but eventuall they would be winners because of how they do things.

This is such a slippery slope, and without solid proof it is hard to distinguish between right and wrong. It is frustrating to see the same teams win year in and year out but in cases that I am familar with notably Highlands, I can say that there isnt a team or coaching staff that works harder or more hours than they do. Believe me it hurts to say this but we ask for truth in this thread and the truth is that if you look at who is winning most of the time they get the dedication of all involved and that is what is what wins. And yes, if you take the coaching staff at Highlands or trinity or X and put them in another school they will succeed, maybe not in one day week or year, but eventuall they would be winners because of how they do things.

 

Fair enough.

I'd bet you that 99.9% of the parents send their boys to Trinity for the top notch education, which I'm sure sharpens young minds both spiritually and mentally. Athletics is just an added bonus. Schools like Trinity succeed in athletics because of the support they get from every angle.

I'd bet you that 99.9% of the parents send their boys to Trinity for the top notch education, which I'm sure sharpens young minds both spiritually and mentally. Athletics is just an added bonus. Schools like Trinity succeed in athletics because of the support they get from every angle.
:thumb: :thumb:

 

This is from a public school grad.

This is such a slippery slope, and without solid proof it is hard to distinguish between right and wrong. It is frustrating to see the same teams win year in and year out but in cases that I am familar with notably Highlands, I can say that there isnt a team or coaching staff that works harder or more hours than they do. Believe me it hurts to say this but we ask for truth in this thread and the truth is that if you look at who is winning most of the time they get the dedication of all involved and that is what is what wins. And yes, if you take the coaching staff at Highlands or trinity or X and put them in another school they will succeed, maybe not in one day week or year, but eventuall they would be winners because of how they do things.

 

I don't disagree on the work ethic statement.

 

I think what the problem is some people get really frustrated with how kids "end up" at certain schools. This goes for public and private. I will be very be honest about something....there have been times over the years that I have had to laugh and shake my head when I see kids end up at a certain school. I don't live in a rose color glasses world. Bottom line there are times when there are "Things that make you go hmmm!" :lol::lol::lol:

I'd bet you that 99.9% of the parents send their boys to Trinity for the top notch education, which I'm sure sharpens young minds both spiritually and mentally. Athletics is just an added bonus. Schools like Trinity succeed in athletics because of the support they get from every angle.

 

I know Trinity is a great school but I highly doubt that.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.