Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Trinity...aka Shoney's Showdown

Featured Replies

I am not whining its just pretty low to pay a kid to play highschool football all that does is make that kid think its all about the mighty dollar.

 

You have absolutely ZERO knowledge as to what we do.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hicks was told he'd have to go to Collins, and not be allowed to stay at SC.....his parents said if that's the case he's transferring out. Well, guess what happened? He really could have been ruled eligible to play this year, but our AD, Dennis Lampley forced him to sit out, to clear up any speculation on his intentions.

 

I didn't know he could have played this year. Did the family move? Or is there some other reason he would have been eligible.

^ Moving from Shelby County High School to Trinity could have perceived as an academic move as we offer classes they don't. But, to make sure there was no gray areas, Dennis nipped it in the bud.

Hicks was told he'd have to go to Collins, and not be allowed to stay at SC.....his parents said if that's the case he's transferring out. Well, guess what happened? He really could have been ruled eligible to play this year, but our AD, Dennis Lampley forced him to sit out, to clear up any speculation on his intentions.

 

 

 

I think we all know his intentions but like I said I don't have a problem with that at all.

I am not whining its just pretty low to pay a kid to play highschool football all that does is make that kid think its all about the mighty dollar.

 

 

Who did we pay to play?

 

 

Or is this more about the fact that our players on the field didn't take a knee when the SK kid got injured?

I'm confused... what the heck does Shoney's have to do with Trinity/Jefferson County prep football?????

They didn't miss out on that kid from Tennessee they grabbed him pretty quick!

Who is the kid from TN?

You have absolutely ZERO knowledge as to what we do.

 

HAHAHAHA!!! It took this long to figure that out. C'mon, it's UK#1fan for goodness sake.

I hate these kinds of threads. I believe that schools do bend/break the rules regarding HS athletics, but I think that the vast majority do not. I don't think that Trinity, St. X, Highlands, insert great football school here do for two reasons. First, I have no reason to think that the do. Second, I don't think they'd have to. If I'm a parent in Louisville and I have the financial ability to send my kid to Trinity/St. X, I would do it in a heartbeat and I'm not even Catholic. Sure, they will have a great experience playing football but they will also have access to some of the best academics Kentucky can offer.

I hate these kinds of threads. I believe that schools do bend/break the rules regarding HS athletics, but I think that the vast majority do not. I don't think that Trinity, St. X, Highlands, insert great football school here do for two reasons. First, I have no reason to think that the do. Second, I don't think they'd have to. If I'm a parent in Louisville and I have the financial ability to send my kid to Trinity/St. X, I would do it in a heartbeat and I'm not even Catholic. Sure, they will have a great experience playing football but they will also have access to some of the best academics Kentucky can offer.

 

I don't like these types of threads either but they come up because it happens. Schools bend the rules. I am not saying all of them but it does happen. This is a problem in both private and public schools.

It is pitiful to me to see the lengths some people will go to get the star player. Winning is what it's all about for some. I thank God everyday that I don't have to worry about this kind of crap as a parent.

 

I just wonder how often do the adults in these situations actually think about the fact that they are teaching a young man/young lady that bending and or breaking the rules is ok to get what you want! :idunno::idunno:

Hicks was a very good player as a freshmen. That's a tough decision to make to give up a year of your high school career. Obviously, that is an option when you are an underclassmen. It may not have been had he been forced to give up a junior or senior season, but still...you know he wanted to play this year and did not want to sit. And, choosing Trinity in the brutal 7th region isn't exactly the sure way to showcase your talents in the Sweet 16 again.

Hicks was a very good player as a freshmen. That's a tough decision to make to give up a year of your high school career. Obviously, that is an option when you are an underclassmen. It may not have been had he been forced to give up a junior or senior season, but still...you know he wanted to play this year and did not want to sit. And, choosing Trinity in the brutal 7th region isn't exactly the sure way to showcase your talents in the Sweet 16 again.

 

Exactly....he still has work to do.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.