Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Trinity...aka Shoney's Showdown

Featured Replies

I know Trinity is a great school but I highly doubt that.

 

I don't. I went to a private high school, and I can't think of anyone that went there purely for athletics. If its not 99%, its still the overwhelming majority.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With all that said Trinity should hand over their 2008 trophy to Simon Kenton! Trinity is a bunch of cheaters!

Who is this mysterious booster I keep hearing about & how in the heck did he miss out on Damarcus Smith, Jon Davis, Devontae Parker, all the recent studs to come out of Central? Evidence is something that would stand up in court, all you've provided is simple hearsay, rumor, innuendo, etc... I do encourage you to please turn in any evidence you have to the KHSAA so we can put this issue to bed once & for all...

 

They didn't miss out on that kid from Tennessee they grabbed him pretty quick!

With all that said Trinity should hand over their 2008 trophy to Simon Kenton! Trinity is a bunch of cheaters!

:rolleyes:,:ohbrother:,:deadhorse:, I mean, really?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

With all that said Trinity should hand over their 2008 trophy to Simon Kenton! Trinity is a bunch of cheaters!
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: And judging by this post Simon Kenton is a bunch of whiners .
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: And judging by this post Simon Kenton is a bunch of whiners .

 

I am not whining its just pretty low to pay a kid to play highschool football all that does is make that kid think its all about the mighty dollar.

I am not whining its just pretty low to pay a kid to play highschool football all that does is make that kid think its all about the mighty dollar.

 

Who's paying kids to play high school football? :confused:

I don't. I went to a private high school, and I can't think of anyone that went there purely for athletics. If its not 99%, its still the overwhelming majority.

 

I did too and 99% of them did NOT go for academics. The overwhelming majority and 99% is a big difference.

From the outside looking in I would think Daryl Hicks didn't transfer to Trinity for a better education but honestly I can't wait to see them play next year.

From the outside looking in I would think Daryl Hicks didn't transfer to Trinity for a better education but honestly I can't wait to see them play next year.

 

I'm an idiot. Who his Daryl Hicks again?

Yep. That's him. He transferred from Shelby County after they split into Martha Layne Collins/Shelby Count and is sitting out this year(sophomore year) and will play his junior and senior seasons at Trinity. I am personally against any kind of transfer rules(yes, crazy, I know) nor do I have any beef with Trinity. I just think Hicks transferring to Trinity is more a case of him playing with some of his AAU teammates than it is about getting a quality education. I don't think there is anything wrong with that I was just pointing out what could be an obvious case of athletics over education at Trinity.

I assume Purple is speaking about this young man: http://www.wtvq.com/sports/3767-uk-recruit-darryl-hicks

 

Yep. That's him. He transferred from Shelby County after they split into Martha Layne Collins/Shelby Count and is sitting out this year(sophomore year) and will play his junior and senior seasons at Trinity. I am personally against any kind of transfer rules(yes, crazy, I know) nor do I have any beef with Trinity. I just think Hicks transferring to Trinity is more a case of him playing with some of his AAU teammates than it is about getting a quality education. I don't think there is anything wrong with that I was just pointing out what could be an obvious case of athletics over education at Trinity.

 

Thanks. I'm more of a football person, so I forgot about Mr. Hicks. I think there was a thread about that that had some more insight. I'll have to see if I can find it. Of course, before anyone goes slamming a kid for transferring to a private school for athletics, I would like to point out that J-Town has been getting some REALLY great transfers, and as much as I'm not trying to slam J-Town, it's going to sound like it. I'm 100% confident it wasn't for the academics.

Thanks. I'm more of a football person, so I forgot about Mr. Hicks. I think there was a thread about that that had some more insight. I'll have to see if I can find it. Of course, before anyone goes slamming a kid for transferring to a private school for athletics, I would like to point out that J-Town has been getting some REALLY great transfers, and as much as I'm not trying to slam J-Town, it's going to sound like it. I'm 100% confident it wasn't for the academics.

 

I am not mad at you for that. You are probably right but I understand why people have to say it is for the academics. Sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't and as long as athletics are involved then no one will believe the transfer was done for academics. The allure of private schools is that they can give you a premium education and a most offer a premium athletic experience as well and that doesn't bother me at all.

Hicks was told he'd have to go to Collins, and not be allowed to stay at SC.....his parents said if that's the case he's transferring out. Well, guess what happened? He really could have been ruled eligible to play this year, but our AD, Dennis Lampley forced him to sit out, to clear up any speculation on his intentions.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.