Holmes vs Ballard Prediction 2/17

Who wins this up and down battle?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this up and down battle?

• Holmes
    • Ballard

Holmes fresh off a home loss to NewCath travels to Louisville to take on the Bruins of Ballard fresh off a road win against George Rogers Clark. This is a rematch of an earlier meeting in the Hoopin it Up Classic won by Ballard 100-96. Can the Bulldogs stay close again or does Ballard run away with this one? Ballard will be coming off a home matchup with 7th region rival Eastern on Friday night which should be a dandy.

Ballard by 10+ ......Holmes will be looking toward the end of the year and the district and regional tourney up here. May not be 100% focused to keep it close or win on the road.

Or you could take the flip side of that coin. Maybe Holmes believes they can challenge for the Region title and wants to see how much they have improved since their last meeting. I will go out on a limb and say the final will not be 100-96 again, but it will probably be in the 80-90 point range. Ballard 88 Holmes 83

Ballard should prove to be too much for the Dogs.

Quin Snyder is as good as they come.

I wouldn't count Holmes out though...especially playing another team who likes to get out and run. Holmes led in the first game up until midway through the 4th before Ballard finally was able to get a lead.

Dontel Rice had 30 pts, 11 rbs in the first match up between these two. I'd look for him to have another big game.

Sophmore Cameron Lewis was the difference in that first meeting with a huge game. If he didn't play like he did Holmes would have won the first meeting. But I like Ballard in this one also but should be a game. There should be a little defense played in this one. There was no defense in their first meeting in London. But it was a great game to watch nonetheless!

I wouldn't count Holmes out though...especially playing another team who likes to get out and run. Holmes led in the first game up until midway through the 4th before Ballard finally was able to get a lead.

Dontel Rice had 30 pts, 11 rbs in the first match up between these two. I'd look for him to have another big game.[/QUOTE]

Imo he needs to step up and give this team the inside presence they need in the 9th region tournament should they get there. He is the one on the team that needs to show a little more consistency.

Dontel Rice had 30 pts, 11 rbs in the first match up between these two. I'd look for him to have another big game.

Imo he needs to step up and give this team the inside presence they need in the 9th region tournament should they get there. He is the one on the team that needs to show a little more consistency.

Holmes is definitely making it to the 9th region tournament...