February 7, 201115 yr Glad to see the Packers pull it out. I don't know how anybody can't be a fan of Rodgers. He grew on me this postseason. I agree. Once Philly was out, I was hoping to see him get a ring.
February 7, 201115 yr I wonder which team he was for tonight. It's kind of crazy that Rodgers has already made the Green Bay faithful forget about Favre. And they said Jeff Tedford products never panned out.......... I guarantee Favre was waiving a terrible towel yesterday.
February 7, 201115 yr I'm kind of shocked the Steelers looked so bad, but I think that is a credit to Green Bay. They are going to be scary good next year with players getting back from injury, Rodgers continuing into his prime, and I'm sure they'll draft well. I know it's early, but I think they could be the next dynasty in the making. Rodgers reminds me of a combination of Brady and Peyton Manning. He has Manning's brains and accuracy and the calmness of Brady. I think he's my new favorite QB in the NFL, so long Mr. Brees. Ha so basically whatever QB wins the super bowl, becomes your favorite QB. So I guess Trent Dilfer was also your favorite then at one time?
February 7, 201115 yr Great game! I was rooting for the Packers but was happy the Steelers came back, because I wanted to see an exciting game.
February 7, 201115 yr Author I wil say though with the way the Packer defense was playing and was all over Rothlessberger last night I feel that the Packers would had won anyway. I didn't see it that way at all. I thought Ben R. had MUCH more time in the pocket compared to Rodgers. It seemed to me that Rodgers was constantly dodging Steeler linemen & getting hit/sacked/knocked down. To me, that made Rodgers' performance all that more impressive.
February 7, 201115 yr Author Ha so basically whatever QB wins the super bowl, becomes your favorite QB. So I guess Trent Dilfer was also your favorite then at one time? :lol: :lol:
February 7, 201115 yr Jordy Nelson had one of the best and worst games last night. Rodgers could have had over 400 yards passing if his wr could catch anything. It was almost like a joke cause they just kept dropping perfect passes over and over again. It reminded me of the Royal Rumble at the end of half time. It seemed like someone was leaving the field and running into the locker room in between every play.
February 7, 201115 yr Jordy Nelson had one of the best and worst games last night. Rodgers could have had over 400 yards passing if his wr could catch anything. It was almost like a joke cause they just kept dropping perfect passes over and over again. It reminded me of the Royal Rumble at the end of half time. It seemed like someone was leaving the field and running into the locker room in between every play. He would have had over 400 yds passing without all the drops yes. More importantly they would have had a couple of more TDs.
February 7, 201115 yr I didn't see it that way at all. I thought Ben R. had MUCH more time in the pocket compared to Rodgers. It seemed to me that Rodgers was constantly dodging Steeler linemen & getting hit/sacked/knocked down. To me, that made Rodgers' performance all that more impressive. I agree. I thought what the Packers did do well was containing Ben. After a couple of big runs Matthews started hanging at the line in the middle as a spy on him. When they started doing that Ben really started struggling and they were able to get more pressure on him. I think it allowed the secondary to concentrate on coverage knowing if Ben did try to run Matthews was right there.
February 7, 201115 yr Jordy Nelson had one of the best and worst games last night. Rodgers could have had over 400 yards passing if his wr could catch anything. It was almost like a joke cause they just kept dropping perfect passes over and over again. It reminded me of the Royal Rumble at the end of half time. It seemed like someone was leaving the field and running into the locker room in between every play. Jordy had 2 or 3 huge drops, one that would have surly been a TD. However it seemed like 1 or 2 plays later he would make up for it. Jones had his usually drop and then the Swain drop that was challenged was really big.
February 7, 201115 yr Congrats GB, Rodgers is elite and has been for a few years. He can take a game over. Steelers looked flat, came out better in the second half. Polamalu didn't do anything all night wonder if the injuries were there. Polamalu wasn't much of a factor in the entire playoffs. You have to believe he was hurting. Very impressive Super Bowl win for Green Bay considering all the players they lost during the season and in the big game. I felt like the Packers were a little better and, more importantly, I thought the matchups favored them in this particular game.
February 7, 201115 yr Ha so basically whatever QB wins the super bowl, becomes your favorite QB. So I guess Trent Dilfer was also your favorite then at one time? Well if that's the case I know at least one QB I'll never have to worry about being my favorite......... And I've always liked Brees. He's a short QB, I was a short QB it just made too much sense. Rodgers is the most talented passing QB I've seen. I won't say he's the best, but he's a tremendous talent and player.
February 8, 201115 yr I missed the C.A. trashing of the national anthem as well as the horrible choice for the half time show. Now to the game I had not planned on watching it because I was convinced the refs were going to “help” Pittsburgh win another one. Also the biggest slapped in the face of ever Cowboy fan would be Pittsburgh winning the super bowl in Dallas. I was glad to have watched it being the Packers won.
February 8, 201115 yr Well if that's the case I know at least one QB I'll never have to worry about being my favorite......... And I've always liked Brees. He's a short QB, I was a short QB it just made too much sense. Rodgers is the most talented passing QB I've seen. I won't say he's the best, but he's a tremendous talent and player. Haha I knew that was coming. However just fun to mess with you, considering all off season you talked about Brees after he won a Super Bowl. Then now Rodgers is your favorite after he won a super bowl. That is why I thought Trent Dilfer must have been your favorite at one time too! However you are right Rodgers is awesome. I mean am someone who has always loved Favre, however Rodgers has won me over too. Every pass he throws is basically right on the money, and not to mention he plays the game the right way, has fun, and his teammates love him. He is definitely a elite QB, and a QB anybody would want on their team.
February 8, 201115 yr Im never happy with a Pitt loss, but at least it was to a classy team. Congrats to the Packers you won with class.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.