Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Green Bay 31 Pittsburgh 25

Featured Replies

Im never happy with a Pitt loss, but at least it was to a classy team. Congrats to the Packers you won with class.

 

:thumb:

  • Replies 68
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great post 75center :thumb::thumb:

 

Both Green Bay and Pittsburgh set the standard for class and respect in the NFL. No other organiation even close. There wasn't any trash talking in the weeks prior to this game in pressers or by any other means.

 

Congrats big guy! you guys played the better game... :notworthy:

I really thought when Woodson went out GB was in trouble. It seemed like Pitt was really building momentum toward the end of the first and carried it in to the second. The fumble was the game changer. I really believe Pitt wins if that doesn't happen.

 

I believe that too, I think Pittsburgh was controlling the game in the 2nd half up to the fumble...

I believe that too, I think Pittsburgh was controlling the game in the 2nd half up to the fumble...

 

With out a doubt. GB had punted every possession, Pitt had put up 21 unanswered, and they were driving to at least tie the game. That fumble was huge.

I'm kind of shocked the Steelers looked so bad, but I think that is a credit to Green Bay. They are going to be scary good next year with players getting back from injury, Rodgers continuing into his prime, and I'm sure they'll draft well. I know it's early, but I think they could be the next dynasty in the making. Rodgers reminds me of a combination of Brady and Peyton Manning. He has Manning's brains and accuracy and the calmness of Brady. I think he's my new favorite QB in the NFL, so long Mr. Brees.

 

People say that every year. Look at the recent teams that have been in the super bowl that haven't went on to become the next "dynasty".

 

Everyone thought the Saints would be to good to beat in the NFC. A lot can change in one year in the NFL. The Packers might not even make the playoffs next year.

1. Green Bay made Pittsburgh look bad, the one thing I was worried about going in was that Pittsburgh would be more physical and imo it was the complete opposite. Green Bay not only beat the Steelers, imo they "beat them up" as well.

2. Yes, Green Bay should be around and in the Super Bowl conversation for years to come, the Packers are a young football team.

I don't see how that should come into it. Brett Favre im will always be one of the best qb's the game has ever seen, look at all the qb stats in the record book and Favre has a (1.) beside most if not all. I realize that the Packer fans were mad but forgetting Favre at least for me is not in the equation. Rodgers put a stamp on it last night that now this is his team. That imo doesn't take away from what Favre did in Green Bay.

 

 

Sorry, I really feel that. NYG are certainly a class organization, just not on GB or Pittsburgh's level. JMO

 

Based on what exactly? And I'm not just talking about the Giants here...but do you know anything about the Giants as an organization?

People say that every year. Look at the recent teams that have been in the super bowl that haven't went on to become the next "dynasty".

 

Everyone thought the Saints would be to good to beat in the NFC. A lot can change in one year in the NFL. The Packers might not even make the playoffs next year.

 

That's true. I think people are going by the fact that Green Bay is young, they had a ton of injuries this year yet still won, and they have a top tier QB who should only get better as he's only in his 3rd year of starting. That puts them in a little different situation from some other recent winners.

I agree. I thought what the Packers did do well was containing Ben. After a couple of big runs Matthews started hanging at the line in the middle as a spy on him. When they started doing that Ben really started struggling and they were able to get more pressure on him. I think it allowed the secondary to concentrate on coverage knowing if Ben did try to run Matthews was right there.

 

I agree. Ben is most dangerous at improvising out of the pocket when the play starts to break down. I thought Green Bay made a smart move and did a good job of making him be a pocket passer.

 

The drop by James Jones was the biggest, IMO. There's a pretty good chance he takes that to the house if he catches it. The first Nelson drop, I'm not so sure. He was off balance. I believe he'd have gone down had he made the catch. But, it would have been a huge play regardless. Nelson's last drop was irrelevant because he made a big play right after that.

That's true. I think people are going by the fact that Green Bay is young, they had a ton of injuries this year yet still won, and they have a top tier QB who should only get better as he's only in his 3rd year of starting. That puts them in a little different situation from some other recent winners.

 

:thumb:

 

I think that's it. They won a Super Bowl with a lot of key players not there. And, none of the other teams had a young QB at the level of Aaron Rodgers.

 

Regardless, it's the NFL. I'll take the dynasty talk with a grain of salt. There's so much parity, it is very difficult for any team to repeat. And, it is hard to keep the team together with free agency, especially when you're winning. The Packers will have to let some of these guys go because other teams will pay them more at some point. The key is drafting and scouting well so they can have guys ready to step in like they did this year with the injuries. That's the good news for Green Bay fans.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.