Scott 74 Covington Catholic 67

Another example of how crazy this season has been for a lot of teams. Scott's loss on Saturday by 32 to Holmes, then they beat CovCath. Reminds me of CovCath over Christmas with a 36 point loss to Ballard and then they beat Henry Clay. It's like someone or a few someones have already said on this website. The game is all about style of play and matchups.

I Listened to the webcast and apparently Cov Cath had a very solid game, Scott made the plays when it counted and Smith for Scott played a great game, the broadcasters referred to it as "a clinic". Game was tied with just a couple of minutes to play and Scott simply executed better at the end.

Scott with a good win, congrats to their team and to Mr. Smith on a fantastic night of basketball.

Another example of how crazy this season has been for a lot of teams. Scott's loss on Saturday by 32 to Holmes, then they beat CovCath. Reminds me of CovCath over Christmas with a 36 point loss to Ballard and then they beat Henry Clay. It's like someone or a few someones have already said on this website. The game is all about style of play and matchups.

I think you hit the nail on the head, it's all about matchups and I'll add something to that, coaching. I think that coaching will play a big role in who wins the 9th region this year. Which coach can make the proper adjustments against their opponent for the night and who can have their kids ready to play. I will be curious to see how the regional tournament is laid out. If it is spread out like it has been on occasion in the past it will give teams more time to prepare for their opponents.

Scott 74 Covington Catholic 67

Covington Catholic 14 19 19 15 67

Scott 15 21 16 22 74

Covington Catholic (14-7) -- Maschinot 2, Connelly 14, Thelan 36, Baker 15, Cleves.

Scott (11-8) -- Haynes 22, Smith 28, Stivers 7, Jackson 2, Farris 6, Roberts 9.

I didn't see Junior Ryan Hayden in the box score again today. I've taken an interest in him since watching him play his grade school career at St. Joe, Cold Spring and would have loved to have seen him in a green Brossart uniform in high school.

He was a gifted, talented athlete then, and has filled out and grown nicely since then. I'm probably somewhat sour grapes over losing him, and I realize that CovCath is "loaded" with talent, and you have to wait your turn, but it boggles me that a kid who could have made a major impact in one program doesn't see the floor in another.