Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky - 2012 Recruiting

Featured Replies

I'm not sure if this has been brought up, but what is UK's scholarship situation looking like for next year? How would NBA negotiations affect that if players are forced to stay in school longer? I'm just wondering if Cal is waiting for that situation to sort itself out before he really guns for players like Shabazz and the other top players in the class.

  • Replies 549
  • Views 82k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not sure if this has been brought up, but what is UK's scholarship situation looking like for next year? How would NBA negotiations affect that if players are forced to stay in school longer? I'm just wondering if Cal is waiting for that situation to sort itself out before he really guns for players like Shabazz and the other top players in the class.

 

Zero chance Cal is waiting for anything when it comes to Shabazz. As soon as he says he's coming he has a scholarship.

I'm not sure if this has been brought up, but what is UK's scholarship situation looking like for next year? How would NBA negotiations affect that if players are forced to stay in school longer? I'm just wondering if Cal is waiting for that situation to sort itself out before he really guns for players like Shabazz and the other top players in the class.

 

If everyone comes back that can, you have:

Hood

Beckham

Poole

Lamb

Jones

Harrow

Davis

Teague

Wiltjer

Kidd-Gilchrist

Cauley

Goodwin

 

That's 12, so you've still got 1 free spot if nobody leaves early. If the rule changes to 2 years (effective immediately) then you've still got Lamb and Jones who could leave early.

I'm not sure if this has been brought up, but what is UK's scholarship situation looking like for next year? How would NBA negotiations affect that if players are forced to stay in school longer? I'm just wondering if Cal is waiting for that situation to sort itself out before he really guns for players like Shabazz and the other top players in the class.

 

Should have 5-8 scholarships for next year depending on a lot of things. Miller and Vargas for sure so thats two. Jones and Lamb goes thats two more, you take Polson's scholarship then it could be five. That's without even subtracting possible early entries for Davis, Teague, and MKG. The way its looking Wiltjer, Harrow, Hood, Poole, Beckham, and Polson are the only sure for scholarships for next season and Wiltjer could even go, Beckham and Polson could also have their scholarships taken considering they both came on as walk ons but have earned scholarships.

Should have 5-8 scholarships for next year depending on a lot of things. Miller and Vargas for sure so thats two. Jones and Lamb goes thats two more, you take Polson's scholarship then it could be five. That's without even subtracting possible early entries for Davis, Teague, and MKG. The way its looking Wiltjer, Harrow, Hood, Poole, Beckham, and Polson are the only sure for scholarships for next season and Wiltjer could even go, Beckham and Polson could also have their scholarships taken considering they both came on as walk ons but have earned scholarships.

 

I don't think they'll have to worry about that, the way things look to be playing out.

Zero chance Cal is waiting for anything when it comes to Shabazz. As soon as he says he's coming he has a scholarship.

 

Absolutely right.

I don't think they'll have to worry about that, the way things look to be playing out.

 

I don't either, but just figurably speaking they could use those two scholly's if needed. Only situation that I could see them having to do so would be if the NBA went to a two years removed from high school rule and this years frosh had to come back and play next season. Cal would still have to have five guys in this class and have that to happen in order for Polson or Beckham to lose a scholarship, unless Jones or Lamb comes back and I don't see that happening.

A brief UK target and top big man in 2012 Kaleb Tarczeski has committed to Sean Miller and AZ.

 

AZ now had 3 of the top 3 of the top 9 plus #36 in the ESPN rankings.

Some who claim to be in-the-know folks think UK picks up Poythress this week.

A brief UK target and top big man in 2012 Kaleb Tarczeski has committed to Sean Miller and AZ.

 

AZ now had 3 of the top 3 of the top 9 plus #36 in the ESPN rankings.

 

Ashley and Tarczewski down low are going to be tough.

Ashley and Tarczewski down low are going to be tough.

 

I am not a "scout" but I saw Kaleb this summer and the kid is built well for a high school kid. Has a Hansbrough look to him.

By the way, Maryland fans will regret the AD screwing up the Sean Miller hire.

Some who claim to be in-the-know folks think UK picks up Poythress this week.

 

Hope your source on this is better than the Fox/Direct deal. :lol:

 

I actually read the opposite earlier today--that Poythress was a Memphis lean. That surprised me because I've felt it was a dogfight between UK & Vanderbilt.

Hope your source on this is better than the Fox/Direct deal. :lol:

 

.

 

That's a good point. Just something I read on Twitter from a UK recruiting guy.

Cauley is a solid get. Still pretty raw, but he is all kinds of long and has a good feel on the defensive end around the rim. Might be a bit frustrating year 1, but down the road he has the chance to be very good...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.