Best Football Radio Brodcasters in State

Hearsay

We have two excellent broadcast teams in western Kentucky ... Mayfield's crew of David Rowton and former coach Paul Leahy and the Marshall County crew of Jeff Waters and Co.

Absolutely, Rowton has a great radio voice and he's exciting to listen too. Leahy provides great football insight and a passion that tells it like it is.

The Marshall County crew is great because they're on an hour before the game starts and their postgame is pretty lenghty also. We're blessed to have these great radio teams in far western Kentucky.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I too wish we could do a Thursday night or even longer version of Friday night highlight and preview show. Fosko and Routen would be a good team-lots of info between those two minds! I can't stand the WPSD and KFVS coverage...it's awful to only show like 3 highlights and then the score.

Leahy and Routen are the best!!!

I too wish we could do a Thursday night or even longer version of Friday night highlight and preview show. Fosko and Routen would be a good team-lots of info between those two minds! I can't stand the WPSD and KFVS coverage...it's awful to only show like 3 highlights and then the score.

Leahy and Routen are the best!!!

Yeah, Gridiron Glory shows more out of state teams than Kentucky teams!! Why can't they drop those Illinois and Tennesse teams and focus on KY teams, they could fit more highlights in there and get rid of all those dang commercials!!

I really like and know all those guys at WPSD, but it would be nice to see some more plays and less talk! I wish they'd just key on like 4 games or even better do something like in Nashville where they have a 10:30-11PM show on just highlights and insight after the regular coverage! That would be sweet!

:banana:

I have to admit I think St. X broadcast are pretty good.

Spears/Sass/Birk do a nice job. Now that Sass guy can kind wear on your nerves because he is so rah,rah X :lol: :lol:

These guys are the GREATEST...plus I've heard through the grapevine that they have the best management team. :thumb:

It helps when a broadcaster knows the players he is talking about. That is why I think Dicky Martin stands out. He can give you more than what they do on the field. He can tell the fans at home stories about the person, not just the player.

I have to admit I think St. X broadcast are pretty good.

Spears/Sass/Birk do a nice job. Now that Sass guy can kind wear on your nerves because he is so rah,rah X :lol: :lol:

I agree they are pretty good for a HS team. It sounds a lot like a college broadcast.