Marvin is back...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Season ticket renewal paper has just been lit on fire.

Was talking about this with a co-worker and said this might not have any impact on season tickets, either good or bad. However if its announced that Brat will be back, I don't the Bengals will sell out a single home game next year...barring the Steelers fans buying up all the tickets, or a late playoff run (but with Brat at the helm of the O, that's unlikely)

I do think Marvin is part of the problem, undoubtedly. Still, I also think the bigger problem, as stated by many others in various other threads, is in the lack of a general manager, the current offensive coordinator. Following the Dolphins game in week 8, I decided that I'm no longer doing anything to support the Bengals in any way until those two "bigger problems" are rectified. The only thing we do by continuing to support this losing team is prove to Mike Brown that he has absolutely no need to put forth the money to right his ship.

Mike Brown is no idiot - he has a law degree from Dartmouth College. He knows that he has a very successful business that he does a fine job of running himself without paying for a general manager. He manages to dupe thousands of fans into following his team, paying for his tickets, and buying his merchandise without even having to produce a winning record. The guy has only paved the way for two winning seasons since he took over the team...that's two winning seasons out of nineteen. His team has an overall record of 115-206-1 since he took over, yet the fans continue to put money by the millions in his pocket. Mike Brown has NO reason to change what he's been doing. He makes millions for far less than mediocrity.

I'm not going to do anything whatsoever to support the Bengals until one of two things happen: 1) Mike Brown fires Bob Bratkowski and hires a general manager, or 2) Mike Brown dies, falls into a persistent vegetative state and can no longer run the team, or sells the team. That means I won't buy any Bengals apparel, I won't buy beer in Bengals cans or any other "Bengals" labeled products (Mike gets a cut from all of it), I won't buy tickets to the games, I'll throw away any tickets that are given to me (so as to prevent anyone from using the tickets and creating revenue at the stadium), and I won't watch the games. End of story.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/05/palmer-will-return-to-bengals-bratkowskis-status-less-certain/

“I told him [Palmer] yesterday privately that it’s important to me that I will help him be the player that I know he is and I believe in him and he’s important to me,” Lewis said on Tuesday.

The Bengals have to think about drafting a quarterback to develop behind Palmer. Considering Palmer’s salary, it seems unlikely they would use their No. 4 overall pick to do so. We agree that the Bengals had bigger problems than Palmer this year and he could still win with the right pieces around him.

Those pieces will be changing in 2011. Joe Reedy of the Cincinnati Enquirer writes that Cedric Benson won’t be returning if offensive coordinator Bob Bratkowski is back. It’s unclear if the Bengals will make a change at offensive coordinator.

“There is a time for change and I think now is a pretty good time,” Benson said.

We suspect Benson is done no matter who is calling plays for the Bengals. We’ve already passed along word Chad Ochocinco is unlikely to be back. The same goes for Terrell Owens.

No wonder Lewis decided to return.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/01/chad-ochocinco-doesnt-know-if-he-can-work-with-marvin-lewis/1

Lewis signed a two-year deal to remain the Bengals' head coach, and Ochocinco said he was still smarting from what he thought were disrespectful comments about him from the head coach last month.

"I have nothing to say about that," Ochocinco told Sporting News Radio (via SportsRadioInterviews.com) when asked about Lewis' return.

"I'm not the owner of the team. My hands are out of that situation. The only thing I can remember, as of right now, about coach Lewis, is coach Lewis throwing me under the bus. When it was time to play the Chargers, knowing that I was hurt. That's the only thing I can remember at this point."

:cry::cry::cry: Poor Chad got his feelings hurt...

Good riddance.

Here is what Lewis said about Palmer!

"No question in my mind that Carson Palmer is our quarterback," Lewis said in an appearance on "Mike and Mike in the Morning." "He really weathered quite a storm this year and took another step as a leader."

Well Bengal fans your leaders sucks!

Here is what Lewis said about Palmer!

"No question in my mind that Carson Palmer is our quarterback," Lewis said in an appearance on "Mike and Mike in the Morning." "He really weathered quite a storm this year and took another step as a leader."

Well Bengal fans your leaders sucks!

So Patrick Patterson was a crappy leader his sophmore season then? Just because a team loses, doesn't mean they don't have a good leader.

So Patrick Patterson was a crappy leader his sophmore season then? Just because a team loses, doesn't mean they don't have a good leader.

Are you serious? Carson Palmer is no leader he has never been vocal always nice a mellow. Not sure how Patterson got put in this subject he is not a QB. I have watched plenty of QB's from highschool to profootball. Bradshaw, Stallworth, Aikman, Sims, Kelly, Theisman, Vick, Bledsoe, Moon, McNair, Montana and Marino I have seen all them QB's play in person and seen their leadership Palmer doesn't even come close to having their leadership abilities. My family has had front row tickets on the visitor side of the Bengals stadium since the 70s I seen a lot of great QB's Palmer is no leader I watched McCoy show more leader ship than him this year he was on the bench giving pep talks to who ever would listen trying to get his team fired up.