Marvin is back...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Zero chance any substance comes out of today's presser.

Good call.

Some things I thought were interesting is Brown's insistence that Lewis makes most of the decisions. I'm not sure if it's true or not, but he was emphatic. I also thought it was interesting that Brown talked about guys they drafted still playing for the team or playing in the league. Playing in the league and being difference makers are two different things. He also did the same old dance of saying how good Johnsos, Dunlap, Simpson, and Caldwell played late to try to say next year would be better.

The thing I take from this decision is Marvin made demands. Brown said no. Marvin settled on being an NFL head coach. Brown settled for not looking for another coach and blamed the impending offseason as a reason. Basically the more things change.............

If the Bengals get lucky in the draft and because of an easier schedule Marvin will look for other jobs next year and any year he's here after that IMO

LanceMcAlister

Hue Jackson was in town having dinner w/Marvin at Carlo and Johnny the week before the Cleveland game---per Dave Lapham on ESPN 1530

San Fran has asked for permission to talk to Jackson regarding their head coaching job. This could be their attempt to satisy the "Rooney" rule though.

San Fran has asked for permission to talk to Jackson regarding their head coaching job. This could be their attempt to satisy the "Rooney" rule though.

I'm sure Jackson will get a lot of "interviews" now that Marvin and Frazier have jobs.

The thing I take from this decision is Marvin made demands. Brown said no. Marvin settled on being an NFL head coach. Brown settled for not looking for another coach and blamed the impending offseason as a reason. Basically the more things change.............

If the Bengals get lucky in the draft and because of an easier schedule Marvin will look for other jobs next year and any year he's here after that IMO

I do think Marvin got one thing out of it. I have heard before that Mike Brown is good friends with Bratkowski and likes him as a coach, that is why he has been here so long. I think that might be the one thing Marvin did get, was the ability to make a chage there. Other than that its probably all the same.