Marvin is back...

I think Carson is intimidated by Chad a little bit. It will be interesting to see how he acts with him gone. He is the boss of these young WR's they will listen to him.

Carson is probably intimidated by his shadow and his little brother.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What did everyone expect from the Bengals? They not only can't put it together on the field let alone a true meaningful press conference. Both Mikey and Marvin looked like fools as usual. I'm just glad I'm not part of the media that has to cover these idiots. They deserve each other! How in the heck are fans suppose to get excited about what they said? I hope their season ticket renewals drop to an all time low.

You have 31 other options, most of which ACTUALLY TRY to field winning teams?????

That is not a fan; that is a bandwagon jumper, and in the NFL things change- you'd better be ready to do a lot of bouncing from team to team.

Please explain.

There were a few reason Lewis was hired. My opinion is part of the reason was because he was part of the Steelers and Ravens organizations and he knew how they did things. Before Lewis the Bengals didn't even spend the night in a hotel the night before home games. Lewis helped convince Brown to get into this century. Brown gave Lewis more control than anyone he had ever given it to. The problems are he doesn't give him enough and he seemingly hasn't made any adjustmenst since Lewis was hired.

There were a few reason Lewis was hired. My opinion is part of the reason was because he was part of the Steelers and Ravens organizations and he knew how they did things. Before Lewis the Bengals didn't even spend the night in a hotel the night before home games. Lewis helped convince Brown to get into this century. Brown gave Lewis more control than anyone he had ever given it to. The problems are he doesn't give him enough and he seemingly hasn't made any adjustmenst since Lewis was hired.

Yes, Lewis was a "hot" name but he was turned down for HC jobs before the Bengals hired him. It also went along with Browns philosophy of hiring asst. who will do anything to take a HC job.

Lewis does not or ever had control over his roster(Chris Henry) or had the ability to let an assistant coach go without permission. All he did was give Marvin the control to discuss moves with him.

So, to me it has always been the status quo with Mike Brown.

Yes, Lewis was a "hot" name but he was turned down for HC jobs before the Bengals hired him. It also went along with Browns philosophy of hiring asst. who will do anything to take a HC job.

Lewis does not or ever had control over his roster(Chris Henry) or had the ability to let an assistant coach go without permission. All he did was give Marvin the control to discuss moves with him.

So, to me it has always been the status quo with Mike Brown.

I agree with all of that. It doesn't however change that Marvin has had more power than anyone else has ever had.

I'll make it easier for you. Marvin has had more control than any other person while Mike Brown has owned the team.

I would add it is infinitely more than Lebeau or Coslet had, but only time will tell if it is enough in the upcoming year.