Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Henry Clay / Trinity...Let's hear it

Who will win this one? 167 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win this one?

    • Trinity
      43%
      73
    • Henry Clay
      56%
      94

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

T's defense is much better than HC's. While HC does have the best offense in 4A (stats wise), is not that far ahead of T's. T should stick with with passing since HC has the worst pass defense out of the last 8 teams in 4A. T's defense will slow the HC attack....While T has had a soft schedule...it has been much harder than HC's (#1 X, #8 Manual, and Montgomery Bell)

  • Replies 158
  • Views 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

T's defense is much better than HC's. While HC does have the best offense in 4A (stats wise), is not that far ahead of T's. T should stick with with passing since HC has the worst pass defense out of the last 8 teams in 4A. T's defense will slow the HC attack....While T has had a soft schedule...it has been much harder than HC's (#1 X, #8 Manual, and Montgomery Bell)

 

Lafayatte through all over Henry Clay on that pitt hole over at Lafayatte which slowed Henry Clay down. This game will be on turf and Henry Clay has been suspect against the run. If you want to throw the ball you may complete it or Rod Johnson or #55 may be laying on your quarterback. It's a risk.

The rocks will roll by 17 points. HC has no defense at all.

Lafayatte through all over Henry Clay on that pitt hole over at Lafayatte which slowed Henry Clay down. This game will be on turf and Henry Clay has been suspect against the run. If you want to throw the ball you may complete it or Rod Johnson or #55 may be laying on your quarterback. It's a risk.

Lafayatte isn't even ranked...Trinity is and has played ranked teams. T will have no problem passing on HC. HC is giving up 315 yards per game. They have not faced a team of Trinity's calibre.

 

It is HC who should run the ball. Trinity while they have made great adjustments has not stopped the run as well as year's past. If R. Johnson at 240lbs has speed..they should feed him the ball. And then hope their defense can slow Petrino & co.

Lafayatte isn't even ranked...Trinity is and has played ranked teams. T will have no problem passing on HC. HC is giving up 315 yards per game. They have not faced a team of Trinity's calibre.

 

It is HC who should run the ball. Trinity while they have made great adjustments has not stopped the run as well as year's past. If R. Johnson at 240lbs has speed..they should feed him the ball. And then hope their defense can slow Petrino & co.

 

I agree Trinity can pass the ball but should they. Henry Clay is a better offensive team than Trinity as a whole. Trinity has a better defense. You shouldn't try to outscore a offensive minded team. If this game gets into high scoring Henry Clay will win the game. If Trinity slows the tempo down and keeps it close Sam Simpson will go back with his boy instead of Rod Johnson and that will help Trinity. Henry Clay wants to get away from you early. Henry Clay can best be described as a heavyweight fighter that wants to knock you out in the first round. Trying to fight their style is not what I would advise. I'm not saying you can't win throwing the ball. But Henry Clay would love a shootout.

I agree Trinity can pass the ball but should they. Henry Clay is a better offensive team than Trinity as a whole. Trinity has a better defense. You shouldn't try to outscore a offensive minded team. If this game gets into high scoring Henry Clay will win the game. If Trinity slows the tempo down and keeps it close Sam Simpson will go back with his boy instead of Rod Johnson and that will help Trinity. Henry Clay wants to get away from you early. Henry Clay can best be described as a heavyweight fighter that wants to knock you out in the first round. Trying to fight their style is not what I would advise. I'm not saying you can't win throwing the ball. But Henry Clay would love a shootout.

I'll agree to disagree...I respect your observations and can see your point...but I might just be too hard headed or close-minded to agree. I see HC's weakness as their Pass D and Trinity's strength is their Pass O. I say attack! HC is only averaging about 2 more points a game than T..T's defense should make up that difference.

I just stand up for Trinity when folks like you make unfounded attacks on a Great Football Team i.e. soft schedule, cream puffs etc.

 

You, Post my attacks on Trinity. This is a discussion board not dreamer board or dillusional board.

Just calling it the way I see it ( just my guess???). I love the School and am good friends with 2 coaches at ST. X but I can`t stand a few of the ST. X fans and their putting down what THE ROCKS have achieved so far this year! Most of them probably never even PLAYED the Game???

 

Peace Out

Happy Thanksgiving

 

So now you have to play the game to know the game.

Read the Rulesa and stop with the PERSONAL ATTACKS!!!! :flame:

 

I looked for the rulesa and could not find any. The attacks were not personal at you but the discussion.

Unless they turn the ball over more than 2 times. Trinity will win at home. HC needs big plays and some luck to pull this upset. T 24 HC 7

I don't know a lot about Trinity this year but can they run the ball enough to win. Throwing the ball on Henry Clay is not the best of ideas because you are trying to out score them instead of controlling the clock. St. X would give Henry Clay fits but I don't know about a shotgun approach against Henry Clay. That's kind of playing into Henry Clay's hands.

 

No Jedi mind tricks.

The personal jabs need to come to an end.

I agree Trinity can pass the ball but should they. Henry Clay is a better offensive team than Trinity as a whole. Trinity has a better defense. You shouldn't try to outscore a offensive minded team. If this game gets into high scoring Henry Clay will win the game. If Trinity slows the tempo down and keeps it close Sam Simpson will go back with his boy instead of Rod Johnson and that will help Trinity.

 

The passing game with the run to keep the defense honest is Trinity's bread and butter. Deviating from this would hurt Trinity more than it would help them I would guess.

 

Henry Clay wants to get away from you early. Henry Clay can best be described as a heavyweight fighter that wants to knock you out in the first round. Trying to fight their style is not what I would advise. I'm not saying you can't win throwing the ball. But Henry Clay would love a shootout.

 

This is pretty much Trinity's philosophy also. Trinity wants to punch you in the nose quickly once or twice forcing you to become discouraged. Then let you beat yourself with mistakes due to overcompensating trying to get back in the game.

Poll results:

 

Henry Clay 73 votes

Trinity 59 votes

 

Maybe we shouldn't show up.

Trinity - 48

Henry Clay - 35

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.