Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Eagles: Vick or McNabb

Featured Replies

Are the Eagles better this year with Vick than they were last year with McNabb? Did they get better by running McNabb out of town?

I think a better argument can be made after we see how they do in the playoffs.

The funny thing is McNabb was run out of town for Kolb. Vick seems to be wearing down, so I'll go along with HT and say lets, wait and see.

While I agree that we should wait, I think moving on from the McNabb era has helped the Eagles tremendously. He was a great player there but I do think it was time for a change.

  • Author
While I agree that we should wait, I think moving on from the McNabb era has helped the Eagles tremendously. He was a great player there but I do think it was time for a change.

 

Have they improved much if at all over last year upto this point? Or is it just more exciting than previously?

Are the Eagles better this year with Vick than they were last year with McNabb? Did they get better by running McNabb out of town?

 

I don't know if they are better than last years team with McNabb, as people said we have to wait and see on that. However I do think they are better this year than what they would have been with McNabb. There is a reason they gave up on him before this season, and a reason why Washington is giving up on him after just one year.

Have they improved much if at all over last year upto this point? Or is it just more exciting than previously?

 

I don't know if they have improved all that much but I think the DMN era was getting stale. I think in the NFL if you're not getting better you're getting worse, and I think the returns on McNabb's Eagles were starting to become less and less each year. They have alot of young guys and I think a younger QB give the Eagles a better chance to continue to improve in the future.

I will go with Vick just depends on how they play in the playoffs one week they are unstoppable the next week they get crushed I just don't get it.

I think it's two different questions. Are they better this year than they were last year with McNabb? I say no. At best, they'll finish with the same record in the regular season as last year, though I doubt they win Sunday with nothing to play for. The team has often put themselves behind the 8-ball going into the end of the game, having to rescue themselves with 4th Quarter comebacks. You wouldn't know it from their record, but they've trailed going into the 4th Quarter of each of the last five games, including the Miracle at the New Meadowlands. And if not for that miracle, they'd be 9-6 and a game out of first in the division. Last year you had an Eagles team that seemed to get stronger as the year went on, until running into the Dallas buzzsaw on back to back week sat the end. This year's team seems to have peaked in Week 10-11. Vick adds a "They're Never Out of It" element to the mix, but they're often behind in games they have no business trailing in. They've taken some really bad losses this year in terms of the opponent.

 

Now, to the question of did the Eagles get better running McNabb out of town? I think the answer to that is an unquestioned yes. I think we saw McNabb fall off the proverbial cliff this year. It happens to every athlete at some point, and it happened to him this year. He's looked terrible most of the time in Washington. I think they made the right choice in moving on, though they got slightly lucky that Kolb got hurt so that Vick could come in and take the job.

I think they are better. The Eagles are a much more scary team with Vick playing the way he has. I ask myself this question...would I rather face the '09 or '10 Eagles in a playoff game? It's an easy answer for me.

 

I also don't see Vick wearing down. He, and the whole team, had one bad game against a subpar opponent two days after the game was originally scheduled. It happens.

I know during the pre-season many were predicting the Eagles to finish dead last in the division. I don't know if they are better but I think Vick has pumped new life into the organization. I think we've seen the best of Vick and he really needs some time off after the beating he took on Tuesday.

I think Vick is 10 times better than McNabb.

I agree with what most others do; the playoffs will answer this question. With saying that, I also believe that the Eagles needed a change.

  • Author
I think it's two different questions. Are they better this year than they were last year with McNabb? I say no. At best, they'll finish with the same record in the regular season as last year, though I doubt they win Sunday with nothing to play for. The team has often put themselves behind the 8-ball going into the end of the game, having to rescue themselves with 4th Quarter comebacks. You wouldn't know it from their record, but they've trailed going into the 4th Quarter of each of the last five games, including the Miracle at the New Meadowlands. And if not for that miracle, they'd be 9-6 and a game out of first in the division. Last year you had an Eagles team that seemed to get stronger as the year went on, until running into the Dallas buzzsaw on back to back week sat the end. This year's team seems to have peaked in Week 10-11. Vick adds a "They're Never Out of It" element to the mix, but they're often behind in games they have no business trailing in. They've taken some really bad losses this year in terms of the opponent.

 

Now, to the question of did the Eagles get better running McNabb out of town? I think the answer to that is an unquestioned yes. I think we saw McNabb fall off the proverbial cliff this year. It happens to every athlete at some point, and it happened to him this year. He's looked terrible most of the time in Washington. I think they made the right choice in moving on, though they got slightly lucky that Kolb got hurt so that Vick could come in and take the job.

 

I'm pretty sure that last year's Eagles offense outpaced this year's offense through 15 games.

I think they are better. The Eagles are a much more scary team with Vick playing the way he has. I ask myself this question...would I rather face the '09 or '10 Eagles in a playoff game? It's an easy answer for me.

 

I also don't see Vick wearing down. He, and the whole team, had one bad game against a subpar opponent two days after the game was originally scheduled. It happens.

 

1st half of the season Vick was crazy good. Last half not as good. I didn't think he looked like he had the same energy Tues. night as he had earlier in the season. May have just been a bad game

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.