Highlands Frosh Football 2011

Anyone have any information and/or thoughts about the Birds frosh football team in 2011? Will they be able to keep the streak alive as far as winning the large school championship in Northern Kentucky? Who are some of the players to watch for next year. Are there any kids to look out for that have not participated in the Ft. Thomas Junior Football League?

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have any information and/or thoughts about the Birds frosh football team in 2011? Will they be able to keep the streak alive as far as winning the large school championship in Northern Kentucky? Who are some of the players to watch for next year. Are there any kids to look out for that have not participated in the Ft. Thomas Junior Football League?

Come on man!!!!:laugh: You make it sound like you don't know "Jack" Jack...:lol:

Give JOAT a break, we all know he is a "2nd quarter coach" and he is a special teams guru (kicking game). He may not have paid much attention to the 8th grade boys.

Don't have any idea how they will match up against the other schools in N Ky. They will be good, but last years group will make for a hard act to follow. Patrick Schoepf will be a key player on both sides of the ball. If Hebel plays up to frosh it will help to anchor the O and D lines.

Give JOAT a break, we all know he is a "2nd quarter coach" and he is a special teams guru (kicking game). He may not have paid much attention to the 8th grade boys.

Don't have any idea how they will match up against the other schools in N Ky. They will be good, but last years group will make for a hard act to follow. Patrick Schoepf will be a key player on both sides of the ball. If Hebel plays up to frosh it will help to anchor the O and D lines.

They will be solid. Too many solid players to single out a few.

Guest Birdflu
They will be solid. Too many solid players to single out a few.

Then name them all. Some of us don't know all of the names.

Come on man!!!!:laugh: You make it sound like you don't know "Jack" Jack...:lol:

Easy there T-Birds, I am just asking some serious questions about next years frosh team. Have heard some kids may not be playing, not sure who may have an impact that did not play in FTJFL and yes I truly am a "2nd quarter coach" so I did not pay much attention. From what I know of the group, there appears to be skilled QB and receivers, backs and lines may be a little thin in numbers, not in size.

I think next year’s freshman team will be a big challenge for the coaches as there is no true “leader/leaders” within these group of kids. Talent is marginable at best with no standout players. From my knowledge most of the talented kids played in the FTJFL this year and if you watched any of the games this year you would all agree there wasn’t much to watch.

I think next year’s freshman team will be a big challenge for the coaches as there is no true “leader/leaders” within these group of kids. Talent is marginable at best with no standout players. From my knowledge most of the talented kids played in the FTJFL this year and if you watched any of the games this year you would all agree there wasn’t much to watch.

That is a pretty bold statement for your first post. I do not know how you could have watched the games as you claim and not seen that there was talent out on the field. The question will be how that talent is utilized to its maximum potential. Also, how would you define a leader and how would you be able to tell if there was one amongst them when the boys are divided up into 4 teams.

I know there is a kid from the Newport Firefighters that lives in Ft. Thomas that is a pretty decent qb. I have seen him play a few times and he can really sling the rock..I hope this kid gets a chance to show what he can do since a lot of people at HHS haven't seen him play. I know he was 2nd or 3rd in the MVP balloting for the NKYFL this past year..