Miami fires Randy Shannon

Hangman

Good guy, good assistant, bad head coach. I can handle a loss to OSU and VT but losses to UVA, UCF and the beat down to their main rival is not acceptable. I think the media made them out to be "back" when the fact is they are still a mid range team in a pretty average conference. The move to the ACC hasn't been such a good thing if you ask me.
Wow. That's like the time a fellow I work with said, during basketball season, "Kentucky beat up on Pittsburgh good last night." Guess who he was referring to? :D

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can dream can't we? My concern with a guy like Gruden would be with his lack of recruiting experience but he could overcome that with the right assistants.

I think Gruden's name would really overcome any inexperience he would have with recruits. No matter where he was, the recruits would come in droves to play for him IMO, thanks to MNF.

The local Miami pundits, on the radio after the game, were pointing out several players on the USF side of the ball, especially in the defensive unit, that Miami had lost to the Bulls over the last few years. Cornerback, Kayvon Webster comes to mind off the top of my head.

Webster is a classic example, you have Godfrey at UCF, McCartney at WVU, Lemonier at Auburn, Debose, Jenkins, and a slew of guys at UF, Denard Robinson at Michigan. :thumb:

2 plays that probably broke the camel's back.

1. 4th quarter, Miami 14 USF 10 - The Canes drive to the USF 1, then get stuffed on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down, much like the goal line stand the Bulls made at the end of the first half. Shannon decides to go for the field goal this time. It was obvious to everybody in the stadium, that offensive line was upset with the decision.

2. 4th quarter, Miami 17 USF 17, last drive in regulation. Miami is already in Bosher's field goal range with 15 seconds to go and Whipple calls a pass play that results in a Jerrell Young interception. That cost Miami the ball game.

Please EZ. I would personally send $1,000 to help pay for Gruden's salary if it were true, I just don't think it is. $1,000 isn't alot, but from a non-alumni that is a college student it is a pretty large chunk of change.

George Diaz from the Orlando Sentinel just tweeted this...

Reports say that Jon Gruden is going to sign $3-million-per-year deal with UM

Cats I hope you have money saved up if this is true...:D

I hate it for Coach Shannon. Good guy, but some coaches make better assistants. He might be one of them.

If I was doing the hiring

1. Petrino - Look what he has done at UL and Ark.

2. Charlie Strong - I hope it don't happen, but he would own the State in recruiting.

3. Mark Richt - I think he is a good coach. Just hasn't gotten the talent he needs to compete in the SEC last coupld of years.

George Diaz from the Orlando Sentinel just tweeted this...

Reports say that Jon Gruden is going to sign $3-million-per-year deal with UM

If true, this is good for Miami but bad for Gruden. He is leaving money on the table, IMO. An NFL team would give him 4 million to 5 million a year, easy, IMO.

Petrino will be a front runner in my opinion. Give him the hot bed of talent in Florida and a big name program and you will see National Championships.

I agree with this strongly, Petrino would be huge for the program and I wouldn't be shocked to see the Hurricanes in title contention within two or three seasons.