Miami fires Randy Shannon

Hangman

I know what I said yesterday, but I feel awful for saying it. I hate to see anyone lose their job, I didn't think it would come true. Honestly he was not the right man for the job IMO, but unless Miami hits a home run this could be a very bad thing.

My wish list:

1. Dan Mullen or Bobby Petrino (Arkansas could pay him more, especially after this season)

2. Mike Gundy (probably won't happen, OSU has deep pockets)

3. Charlie Strong

4. Pat Fitzgerald

5. Call me crazy but I really wouldn't be opposed to Rich Rodriquez.

Grduen's name has been thrown around and that really makes me want to cry. How embarrassing is it going to be for him to laugh in the face of a reporter who is going to ask that? The Miami faithful are crazy. Leach was a hot name last time, but I might sell my Miami gear if he's hired....he is a joke IMO. Tommy Tubs coming would ruin my Christmas. 2.5 million to 3 million is the amount of money I've seen linked to the new coach.

GT I don't know if you have this kind of connection, but could you keep me updated if you hear anything?

Just read this.

http://www.footballrumormill.com/category/coaching-scoop/

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doyel knows nothing about the situation. Shalala has often praised Randy for his work off of the field, but if the team isn't playing for the coach he needs to go no matter how good of a guy he is. The players could see what was happening, look at Miami's recruiting class right now, it has about 6 kids in it, including two that won't stay unless a miracle happens (Bridgewater).

I wasn't saying that he was on top of the situation, merely that he was making a point about how Shannon handled the program. I for one think that he relied too heavily on the local kids and didn't reach outside the Miami area for talent. The recruiting speaks for itself.

I know what I said yesterday, but I feel awful for saying it. I hate to see anyone lose their job, I didn't think it would come true. Honestly he was not the right man for the job IMO, but unless Miami hits a home run this could be a very bad thing.

My wish list:

1. Dan Mullen or Bobby Petrino (Arkansas could pay him more, especially after this season)

2. Mike Gundy (probably won't happen, OSU has deep pockets)

3. Charlie Strong

4. Pat Fitzgerald

5. Call me crazy but I really wouldn't be opposed to Rich Rodriquez.

Grduen's name has been thrown around and that really makes me want to cry. How embarrassing is it going to be for him to laugh in the face of a reporter who is going to ask that? The Miami faithful are crazy. Leach was a hot name last time, but I might sell my Miami gear if he's hired....he is a joke IMO. Tommy Tubs coming would ruin my Christmas. 2.5 million to 3 million is the amount of money I've seen linked to the new coach.

GT I don't know if you have this kind of connection, but could you keep me updated if you hear anything?

I think Rich Rod and UM would be a real bad combination. He would win but think they would be headed for probation in no time.

Any chance they take a run to get Butch back? As much as I hate him I think Petrino would pile up the wins with the athletes UM has. Also he seems to really do well recruiting Florida. But I agree that they can't win a bidding war with Arkansas.

I wasn't saying that he was on top of the situation, merely that he was making a point about how Shannon handled the program. I for one think that he relied too heavily on the local kids and didn't reach outside the Miami area for talent. The recruiting speaks for itself.

I don't think he relied on local talent enough becasue he let alot of the really good players down their get away. Some of those guys are excelling at Florida State and Florida (though not as much this year) right now. I do think that the 8 he signed from MNW were too many and it just wasn't good for the program. I like Streeter and Thompson but they probably should not have came just because it createda clique on the team with too many from one school from one class. JMO.

I think Rich Rod and UM would be a real bad combination. He would win but think they would be headed for probation in no time.

Any chance they take a run to get Butch back? As much as I hate him I think Petrino would pile up the wins with the athletes UM has. Also he seems to really do well recruiting Florida. But I agree that they can't win a bidding war with Arkansas.

RR and Miami would probably lead to the death penalty, I agree.

Butch would be an awesome rehire. But like Leach, I don't think Prez would go for it.

Petrino would have to have his mind made up that he wants a more prestigious job. Maybe he does, but he seems like a guy that is all about the money.

RR and Miami would probably lead to the death penalty, I agree.

Butch would be an awesome rehire. But like Leach, I don't think Prez would go for it.

Petrino would have to have his mind made up that he wants a more prestigious job. Maybe he does, but he seems like a guy that is all about the money.

I would love to see Butch come back but he signed a 1 year extension last week that has him under contract through 2014.

I don't think he relied on local talent enough becasue he let alot of the really good players down their get away. Some of those guys are excelling at Florida State and Florida (though not as much this year) right now. I do think that the 8 he signed from MNW were too many and it just wasn't good for the program. I like Streeter and Thompson but they probably should not have came just because it createda clique on the team with too many from one school from one class. JMO.

That's what I was getting at with all the kids he signed from Miami Northwestern.

There are rumors that John Gruden has said that he would listen if approached by the "U". Could this be a possibility? Could it work?

Please EZ. I would personally send $1,000 to help pay for Gruden's salary if it were true, I just don't think it is. $1,000 isn't alot, but from a non-alumni that is a college student it is a pretty large chunk of change.

Please EZ. I would personally send $1,000 to help pay for Gruden's salary if it were true, I just don't think it is. $1,000 isn't alot, but from a non-alumni that is a college student it is a pretty large chunk of change.

We can dream can't we? My concern with a guy like Gruden would be with his lack of recruiting experience but he could overcome that with the right assistants.

Butch is in trouble with the NCAA at UNC and people want him back at a school that just cleaned up his mess? Classic.

Is it Butch or the overall program that is being investigated? I understood that it had to do with a former tutor writing papers for student athletes. I have to admit though that I haven't really paid much attention to the allegations.

The local Miami pundits, on the radio after the game, were pointing out several players on the USF side of the ball, especially in the defensive unit, that Miami had lost to the Bulls over the last few years. Cornerback, Kayvon Webster comes to mind off the top of my head.