Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyle County 25 Bell County 21

Featured Replies

Nice summary!:thumb: It's almost unfair to the rest of 3A that Bell is moving into that class next year. I will definitely miss the Boyle/Bell rivalry that has been such a great matchup between the 2 teams over the past 3 years.
: :thumb:
  • Replies 90
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Sweep, looks like a "gag" ordered was issued. That would explain a lot about next year.

Hey Rebel what was up with the loud horn coming from the East endzone. It seemed to really bother the snap count. Funny how it only blew when the center was preparing to snap.

 

Just walked in the door from the Boyle / Bell and UT /UK Game.

 

 

Just 2 adults with air horns, standing under the goal post when Boyle was in the red zone in the 4th. quarter. Boyle won the game so it's not an issue to me. For all I care those 2 persons can blow them all they want now.

Edited by Rebel

Yes all the above is sad but true. The one man Boyle film crew was asked to leave the roof top press box. To which he denied then the Bell County Sherrifs department were summoned to have him removed. Upon their arrival they advised the young man if he did't leave he would be arrested.

 

 

He must have got to film from the press box during the game. I am not 100% on this, but I thought I saw a Boyle letter jacket in the press box. I was told that Jullian Tackett was contacted or going to be contacted when the Sheriff department asked the student to leave or get arrested. Have no clue as to how it all ended, but like the horn issue, it's over and done with.

I want to say that all the Bell fans, workers at the game, and everybody in the aera on the way down was very nice. Top notch Team, Fans, and program IMO. :thumb: Goodluck in 3A!

:laugh: I just got off the phone with one of the Boyle stats guys who painted a TOTALLY DIFFERENT Picture my friend. Bell probably didn't have 100 yards rushing. Drops had nothing to do with the drives Boyle had to win. (In fact you don't mention a bad pass by the Boyle QB set up the first TD for Bell) As far as running out of time, the Bobcats had their time outs and 4 minutes but Boyle kept the ball and drove out the time when you knew they weren't going to be throwing.

 

I never whined when Bell won 2 years ago after the Rebels turned it over 6 times. Bell made those plays. They deserved it.

 

Just give credit to the victors and walk away with the class a program like Bell deserves. :thumb:

well said

Quick shout out to BGP member SEBell. I ran into him while waiting in the bathroom line at halftime. He had on a BGP sweatshirt so I had too introduce myself.
Hey man it was nice meeting you too , I always enjoy meeting members from BGP. Boyle County is first class all the way and if more teams had fans , players and Coaches like Boyle County KY football would be better off. Good Luck in the finals I'll be pulling for y'all to win it.

Nice Job Boyle.Good luck next week at BG

Yes all the above is sad but true. The one man Boyle film crew was asked to leave the roof top press box. To which he denied then the Bell County Sherrifs department were summoned to have him removed. Upon their arrival they advised the young man if he did't leave he would be arrested.

 

As for the Boyle punter being pushed go to channel 18 and review the sports zone reports. It sure looks as if they were trying to push and yell at the young man. Would the athlete have a defendable position if he turned and hit the fan in the mouth. Just asking

 

I also noticed that on the Lex 18 news. I didn't really notice it during the game because as it happened I put my head down. He didn't shove him with his hands but he did bump him with his chest as he was getting up while taunting him. Ah, we all have our fans. I'd be lying if I said the Rebel faithful is perfect. Doesn't take away from the fact that it was a great game.

 

Nothing but respect to Bell County. I love Log Mountain and hope to see some more games down there in the future. Good luck in 3A! Class 4A will miss them Bobcats.

I also noticed that on the Lex 18 news. I didn't really notice it during the game because as it happened I put my head down. He didn't shove him with his hands but he did bump him with his chest as he was getting up while taunting him. Ah, we all have our fans. I'd be lying if I said the Rebel faithful is perfect. Doesn't take away from the fact that it was a great game.

 

Nothing but respect to Bell County. I love Log Mountain and hope to see some more games down there in the future. Good luck in 3A! Class 4A will miss them Bobcats.

 

I too Charles didn't noticed that during the game, but after watching the channel 36 highlights on that play it could have turned very ugly. The Boyle player was bump by a fan and that's a no no. I'm not sure what happened, but in the second half I noticed that those students where either brain Freezed (no shirt and painted blue) and had gone inside to warm up, or been asked to find another area to watch the game, or the outcome of the game had them down and they left. I can understand student, being students. That happens everywhere but the other side of the field under the goalpost was Adults and IMO that's different. These tatics might Imtimidate other teams on Log Mountain, but not Boyle County.

I too Charles didn't noticed that during the game, but after watching the channel 36 highlights on that play it could have turned very ugly. The Boyle player was bump by a fan and that's a no no. I'm not sure what happened, but in the second half I noticed that those students where either brain Freezed (no shirt and painted blue) and had gone inside to warm up, or been asked to find another area to watch the game, or the outcome of the game had them down and they left. I can understand student, being students. That happens everywhere but the other side of the field under the goalpost was Adults and IMO that's different. These tatics might Imtimidate other teams on Log Mountain, but not Boyle County.

 

Rebel, my son and I was standing under the goal post on the adult side. I must have missed you because everybody looked the same with there coveralls on.

Edited by charlesw88

I think HOP is talking to me.. :idunno: Hey its all good, i'm not given you any uproar. Boyle had a good game plan, Bell made too many mistakes with turnovers giving the Rebels good field position. The field conditions were horrible for both teams and I'm surprised there weren't more turnovers by both teams. Especially walking on the field after the game. I don't see how these young men did as well as they did, I would have fumbled the ball after every hit with these sloppy conditions. Good luck Rebels next week and bring back the championship.

 

That's funny....

 

Harlan's field(Cawood) was in impeccable shape considering the rain that dropped across Ky on Thanksgiving...:sssh:

Funny that we're having this field conditions conversation with Bell Co. yet again. A few weeks ago some Bell Fans were blasting me for bringing up their shady history on watered down fields, dating back to the infamous HHS vs Bell game on Log Mt.

Guess the Boyle fans are about an half hour away from being home. I decided to stay down in Middlesboro at a hotel and drive on down to Knoxville to watch the CATS end the streak. Going to be a wonderful weekend for me. :banana:

 

Not to rain on your parade and hope you weekend wasn't totally ruined by the big orange extending it to 26 years and counting! GO VOLS

Not to rain on your parade and hope you weekend wasn't totally ruined by the big orange extending it to 26 years and counting! GO VOLS

 

It was the most fun I ever had a college football game. Me and my son was the only ones in our section that had on Blue. Everybody else had Orange. We got in the stands very early and as the UT fans where showing up they would say. Awwwwww we got Kentucky fans in our section. We cut up and had a great time through out the entire game. I told the lady beside me that what ever the outcome the drive home was going to be pleasant with the Boyle win the night before. After the game about 10 of the Vol fans came up to me and my son and thanked us for coming and told us to have a safe trip home after the 26 chant they all did. :D

 

On a side note I also have 3 daughters. My son has been in college the past couple of years, so the time we spent alone this past weekend, just me and him was GREAT.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.