Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyle County 25 Bell County 21

Featured Replies

Congrats to both teams on getting this far in the playoffs. And to my beloved Rebels...way to go down to Log Mountain and check out of "The Hilton" with the win. Good luck next Friday in Bowling Green, bring home #7

  • Replies 90
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick thought about the state final:

 

Two years ago Bell County beat Boyle County in this game which many called "the state championship game," but then struggled to win the final against Bullitt East. Last year Boyle beat Bell in which many called "the state championship game," but then struggled to beat Lone Oak. I think Boyle is a favorite in the final this year, but recent history has shown that the western Kentucky 4A teams usually play a pretty good ball game in the finals.

 

As long as the outcome is still the same!

I revise my question to include Kentucky teams only.:D

 

Well that would be on November 23rd. 2007 to Lexington Catholic in the Regional Final. Lex Cath went on to win the State Championship that year. That Lex Cath team is also the last team to beat Boyle County at Rebel Stadium.

Anyone who was at the game will tell you that Boyle was very lucky to leave with a victory. Bell County shot themselves in the foot several times. They served this one up to Boyle on silver platter. That is what makes it such a touch loss for these Seniors. Instead of stepping up and making key plays....several times kicks were muffed.....passes dropped wide-open in endzone.....self-inflicted turnovers. Yes, Boyle played a great game and put some pressure on the QB.....but any other night he makes those throws when he has that kind of time...and does not put the ball on the ground like he did tonight. Those were drops and not due to strips or hits. Great, close game, but Bell kept digging out of the holes they dug for themselves...just ran out of time. Had Bell thrown the ball in the first half like they did in the second half.....outcome probably would have been different as well Congratulations to the Rebels. They should bring home the title, but need to beware of the AllenCounty-Scottsville passing game!!

 

 

Are you sure? Before tonight's game they had 756 total yards passing all year as of November 23 and had attempted 9 passes in the Lone Oak and Russell County games which is their last 2 games before tonight. I am interested in seeing their stats for the Western game.

I revise my question to include Kentucky teams only.:D

 

I counted 26 in a row but wasn't sure if the City/County bowl game was played at Log Mountain or not. Last loss was: Nov 23, 07 Lexington Catholic home 16 - 35 (L)

I counted 26 in a row but wasn't sure if the City/County bowl game was played at Log Mountain or not. Last loss was: Nov 23, 07 Lexington Catholic home 16 - 35 (L)

 

Now I just feel honored that we could update that stat. It definately is a tough place to win (but not impossible)

Son says it's time for bed, gotta 7:00 wake up call for the drive on to UT, but before I go can we get a "Who Ya With"

 

:banana:

Son says it's time for bed, gotta 7:00 wake up call for the drive on to UT, but before I go can we get a "Who Ya With"

 

:banana:

 

REBELS

Questions......

 

25-21...Bell scores and lines up for the xp. Was that a set play to fake the xp or was it a botched snap?

 

 

Also.......

 

 

14-8.......why did Bell go for 2 so early in the game?

 

 

Can anyone with insight into the thinking in those situations answer either of these questions?

 

 

 

 

 

The onside kick was genius. Perfect play at the perfect time.

I think the 25-21 situation was absolutely messed up. John Dudley Hilton seemed surprised as anyone when the ball came to him. And not a single Bell player broke to the endzone, which means he was never going to throw it.

 

I thought Bell should have kicked deep after that score, by the way. Make Boyle start that final drive in their own territory with 4+ minutes left (especially considering they had all three timeouts left). Might have been a different outcome. As it was, even if Bell could have held Boyle that would have basically needed to go 80+ yards for a touchdown.

Another question........

 

 

Was Lamar sick tonight? Not one of his better performances but I think we proved we are more than Lamar Dawson tonight. I think Devan Hale showed the state what I felt about him all year long. Devon Cox had a great defensive game as did Chris Cook but as far as running the ball, we didn't run as effectively as we are accustomed to until it was time to put the game away and Cook did that running. I thought Devan Hale had a great game at qb tonight and took some monstrous hits and kept getting back up. Except for the interception and an under thrown pass early he was putting the ball right into the receivers hands all night long. Very impressive game at the right time by #14.

REBELS!!!

 

Just got home from Log Mountain and it was a sweeeeeeeeeeetttttttttt drive home this year. I was really worried when Bell came back and took the lead in the 2nd quarter, but the Rebels responded like Champions. I am still cold and very tired but very proud to be a Rebel tonight.

I think the 25-21 situation was absolutely messed up. John Dudley Hilton seemed surprised as anyone when the ball came to him. And not a single Bell player broke to the endzone, which means he was never going to throw it.

 

I thought Bell should have kicked deep after that score, by the way. Make Boyle start that final drive in their own territory with 4+ minutes left (especially considering they had all three timeouts left). Might have been a different outcome. As it was, even if Bell could have held Boyle that would have basically needed to go 80+ yards for a touchdown.

 

It was only genius because it worked but it was also one of the best onside kicks I have seen all year and you know us folks at Boyle see ALOT of onside kicks.:D

 

 

The 15-14 onside kick was a bad idea. I agree. Gave us great field position to score right before the half and re take the lead.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.