Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyle County 25 Bell County 21

Featured Replies

It was only genius because it worked but it was also one of the best onside kicks I have seen all year and you know us folks at Boyle see ALOT of onside kicks.:D

 

 

The 15-14 onside kick was a bad idea. I agree. Gave us great field position to score right before the half and re take the lead.

 

I think you misunderstood me, PP. I did like the first Bell kick; didn't like the second one. But I was talking about I thought Bell should have kicked deep late in the fourth quarter after cutting the score to 25-21.

 

By the way, I looked for you tonight but everyone looks a lot alike in Carhartt and toboggans!

  • Replies 90
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could watch these two play all the time!

Boyle had a couple of costly turnovers tonight also, The interception that turned into a Bell TD, and the bad snap that gave Bell the 2 pt safety. I really expected Bell to pick apart Boyles defense with the pass, but it seemed like when they passed, it was a "sling it" and hope for the best type pass play. I'm not saying Bell didn't have some successful passing, but other than the 45yd run by the Davenport kid, I guess I just expected them to run some quick outs like Catholic did last week on us. Again, they played a tough game, but as we were told 2 years ago, turnovers are part of the game.

I think you misunderstood me, PP. I did like the first Bell kick; didn't like the second one. But I was talking about I thought Bell should have kicked deep late in the fourth quarter after cutting the score to 25-21.

 

By the way, I looked for you tonight but everyone looks a lot alike in Carhartt and toboggans!

 

 

 

Mine are all black. I'll be in them next Friday!!! If not, we'll catch up at a Boyle/Garrard bball game soon.:thumb:

Hatz have you already made your hotel reservations for next weekend?

 

Made a month ago. I'll PM you.

Congrats to Boyle! Looking forward to seeing some ole friend in Bowling Green next weekend.:thumb:

They held Bell to under 85 yards rushing thats a statement and truly a achievement good luck in BG.

 

I wouldn't have guessed anyone could hold Bell to 85 yards rushing. Also, can't believe Bell had all of those turnovers they always seem to take care of the ball. Must have been a domminating performance by Boyle County. Congats to both teams on a great season!

I wouldn't have guessed anyone could hold Bell to 85 yards rushing. Also, can't believe Bell had all of those turnovers they always seem to take care of the ball. Must have been a domminating performance by Boyle County. Congats to both teams on a great season!

 

This game seems to illustrate the "will" both clubs have.

 

Boyle jumps early. Bell not only "rights the ship" but takes the lead.

 

Rebels respond with a short field and immediatley regain the lead.

 

Both teams slug it out on defense like the middle rounds of Ali-Frazier, then in the 4th Boyle stretches the lead to 10.

 

Bobcats won't quit and claw back to cut it to 4 with 4 minutes and timeouts in the pocket.

 

Rebels respond by moving the ball until the clock runs out.

 

Sure there were mistakes by both teams but what more can you ask from a bunch of kids except to respond to adversity. :thumb:

This game seems to illustrate the "will" both clubs have.

 

Boyle jumps early. Bell not only "rights the ship" but takes the lead.

 

Rebels respond with a short field and immediatley regain the lead.

 

Both teams slug it out on defense like the middle rounds of Ali-Frazier, then in the 4th Boyle stretches the lead to 10.

 

Bobcats won't quit and claw back to cut it to 4 with 4 minutes and timeouts in the pocket.

 

Rebels respond by moving the ball until the clock runs out.

 

Sure there were mistakes by both teams but what more can you ask from a bunch of kids except to respond to adversity. :thumb:

 

Nice summary!:thumb: It's almost unfair to the rest of 3A that Bell is moving into that class next year. I will definitely miss the Boyle/Bell rivalry that has been such a great matchup between the 2 teams over the past 3 years.

This game seems to illustrate the "will" both clubs have.

 

Boyle jumps early. Bell not only "rights the ship" but takes the lead.

 

Rebels respond with a short field and immediatley regain the lead.

 

Both teams slug it out on defense like the middle rounds of Ali-Frazier, then in the 4th Boyle stretches the lead to 10.

 

Bobcats won't quit and claw back to cut it to 4 with 4 minutes and timeouts in the pocket.

 

Rebels respond by moving the ball until the clock runs out.

 

Sure there were mistakes by both teams but what more can you ask from a bunch of kids except to respond to adversity. :thumb:

 

I am 100% positive you are right on the money Hatz. I was just taking an opportunity to have some fun (that I knew would cause an uproar) that stems from the Bell/Knox thread! I really wasn't serious or meaning any disrespect, I was just having some good ole' BGP fun! I have a lot of respect for both programs, coaches and fans. Congrats to Bell on a great season and good luck to Boyle next week!

I am 100% positive you are right on the money Hatz. I was just taking an opportunity to have some fun (that I knew would cause an uproar) that stems from the Bell/Knox thread! I really wasn't serious or meaning any disrespect, I was just having some good ole' BGP fun! I have a lot of respect for both programs, coaches and fans. Congrats to Bell on a great season and good luck to Boyle next week!

 

It's all good. My real dander was up earlier but by the time you posted that it was all good again. Just thought a declarative statement was in order. :thumb:

I think you misunderstood me, PP. I did like the first Bell kick; didn't like the second one. But I was talking about I thought Bell should have kicked deep late in the fourth quarter after cutting the score to 25-21.

 

By the way, I looked for you tonight but everyone looks a lot alike in Carhartt and toboggans!

 

Bell tried on 3 different ocassions an on-side kick. First when they recovered and went on to take a 15-14 lead. Tried again and gave Boyle the ball at mid-field and the Rebels went down to score before the half to make it 22-15 at the half. The last time was after a Bell TD cutting the lead to 25-21.

 

I was really confussed that Bell County went for 2 so early in the game, when the score was 14-8. The Rebels stopped them on that attemp, Bell scored again making it 15-14. Then Boyle scored 20-15 and went for 2 and made it, to go up 7. IMO Bell gave Boyle back the 2 points on the early safety, by playing the point game so early.

Congratulations to the Rebels they played a tough schedule and found a way to win each week against whoever and wherever. Best of luck next week look forward to seeing you compete.

Hey Rebel what was up with the loud horn coming from the East endzone. It seemed to really bother the snap count. Funny how it only blew when the center was preparing to snap.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.