Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UL 88 Butler 73

Featured Replies

Nice win for the Cards and I agree with JS's addition by subtraction comment. UL is young and it shows. Not overly impressed with either team.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Nice win Cards. Surprised me!

 

Should have listened to me... :D

This had to be one of the most boring games I've ever seen in my life. No tempo (due to all the fouling) and there were some awful shots taken. I know it's early in the season, but gee whiz it was boring!

Nice to see Justice, who SO many said couldn't play at this level, get quality minutes last night.:thumb:

 

Count me among the doubters. While I know it's just one game, and while I know that Siva has been a complete disappointment during his 1 season & 1 game, Justice played like a scholarship veteran last night. Very impressed with him.

Butler couldn't get a break from the refs in the first half. Justice looked good and made some nice passes.

Justice got a lot stronger between his junior and senior year, and looks like he's kept with what's been working. At his height, he'll need that extra strength to be able to contribute in BE play.

 

Did you see him get called for the foul in the first half when he muscled Howard out of the lane? Im almost positive it was him, who got stuck on Howard after a switch and muscled him out entirely with his lower body. The game is definitely not too big for this kid, loved seeing him in there and playing well.

Does anyone know the status on Knowles?

 

Pitino said last night that someone in the defensive set -- prior to his airballed three when he went down -- landed right on that bruised thigh that kept him out of the Wesleyan exhibition. He made it sound like he'll hold Preston out of the Jackson St. game on Saturday and see where things go from there.

Count me among the doubters. While I know it's just one game, and while I know that Siva has been a complete disappointment during his 1 season & 1 game, Justice played like a scholarship veteran last night. Very impressed with him.

 

I agree Randy, Justice was very impressive. I thought he played much better than Siva. He seems to have much more control, he looked great.

Butler had a great year last season, but this year's team is very different. I'm sure they'll do well in their mid-major conference, but they have a long ways to go before they can sniff last year's team.

28-43 at the line isn't going to cut it.

 

They aren't the only poor free throw shooting team out there.

I expected UofL to come out and get the big win tonight but they still have a long ways to go. They don't have the most gifted players in the world but they're still very young and pretty athletic, things are looking a little brighter than some may have anticipated. Justice and Dieng were both pleasant surprises. Dieng is a hustler and had a strong defensive presence but the shocker of the night for me was Van Treese. You can tell he is a lot leaner and actually looks interested in playing this year. I don't expect much from him but he gave it everything he had when he was on the court yesterday and that's all you can ask for.

Did you see him get called for the foul in the first half when he muscled Howard out of the lane? Im almost positive it was him, who got stuck on Howard after a switch and muscled him out entirely with his lower body. The game is definitely not too big for this kid, loved seeing him in there and playing well.

 

I went back and looked at photos I had of him during junior and senior year and compared it to ones from the game the other night. He was built like a little fireplug even then, but it looks now like he's picked up about 10 pounds of muscle, and reduced his body fat as well (not that he had that much before, which makes it even more impressive). You can tell he's pretty dedicated in the weightroom.

Put me on board of the Elisha Justice bandwagon as well.

 

He looked very good against Butler and I was impressed the way he kept splitting the double teams to find the open man. Glad the young man proved me wrong.

 

After the game Nored said that Justice was a very good player which disappointed him because he knows the frosh outplayed him. Nice compliment for one of our own products.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.