November 18, 201015 yr Nice to see Justice, who SO many said couldn't play at this level, get quality minutes last night.:thumb: Agree, i have been trying to silence some of my doubter friends in other parts of the state for months now. They never seen him play in high school. They only looked at height & weight & said he couldnt do it. I told them his heart was larger than either of the other & he would contribute this year & beyond. Congrats to the Cards & especially Justice. Keep it up kid. All of Eastern KY are rooting for ya.:clap:
November 19, 201015 yr Louisville was fun to watch in that game. I hope they can keep it up. Pitino has been known to do some of his best coaching when people aren't expecting as much.
November 21, 201015 yr Let me get one last post in before tonight's game -- "better late than never..." First of all, I was very impressed with the KFC Yum! Center as I should have been...it is a top-of-the-line arena, other than the name! The lobby's layout is a work of art that I could probably stare at all day from the view on the street. The actual arena has a different look to it, but not necessarily a bad look. I was sitting on the 1st row of a 300 level section and have no complaints about watching the game; however, get more towards the top and I might have a problem. The combined tvs on the back of the jumbo screens were a good idea showing a closer-up of gameplay as well as stats for both teams and individual players. A couple other things about the arena: unsurpassed technology on display; great to see the student section close to the floor & and the opposing team going towards them in the 2nd half; and can anyone get me tickets to the 4-seater dining tables??? but don't get me started on the chicken sandwich for $11.25 nor the 3 tacos for $10+!!! Now onto my quick analysis of the basketball game... Pitino had his guys ready as UofL started hot: good to see Marra and Buckles get going early; I wish Terrence Jennings would better use his unbelievable athletic ability...his offensive game makes me think he's a freshman! Louisville's depth started to show as the game went on...depth that I did not know they would have. If i were Pitino, I would keep the same starting line-up...have Preston come off the bench, but play starter mintues (once he is fully healthy). He is a spark to any line-up on both sides of the ball, whatever his shot selection may be. Van Treese and Justice gave max effort Tuesday night...looks like Justice will be back-up PG behind Siva, who didn't play well but that could be attributed to foul trouble. It seems to me that Pitino loves his KY boys! I think this game would have been a different story if it weren't for an apparent injury to Shelvin Mack in the 2nd half...he couldn't be stopped, totalling most of Butler's points in the 1st half. Yes you can say it also would have been different had Howard not gotten into foul trouble in the 1st half, but that is normal for him. UofL gave Butler plenty of opportunities to come back late in the game, but they couldn't take advantage with Mack out. With only 1 road game before the calendar year is over, I look for UofL to be undefeated (only loss I could predict is the road game @ WKU) going into their New Year's Eve match-up with the University of Kentucky Wildcats. If the Cardinals can pull out a victory that night, look for a Times Square on New Year's Eve type atmosphere at 4th Street Live!!! C-A-R-D-S Cards
November 24, 201015 yr Very impressed w/ UL tonight. Effort was excellent & defense was suffocating at times. And Justice far outplayed Siva. I didn't get to see the game, but I wouldn't doubt your statement. Siva has not impressed me at all.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.