Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

6A: Trinity/St. X Predictions

Who wins? 89 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I had the chance to see X a few times early in the season, including the first regular season match-up. I saw a team that wasn't sure how they were going to win football games. I have not seen them since, but from what I have read on here, in the paper, etc., it looks like they have found their identity: run the ball, play defense and win the special teams battle. Can they make enough plays in the passing game to keep T honest? We will see!

  • Replies 61
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just think T has to much this year. I do hope it is a better game than September. I don't care who is playing...games like that are no fun to watch!

Can the Tigers do what Trinity did in 05 and 08 and avenge regular season losses or will 09's results repeat?

 

Why not St.X turn to be the spoiler. Go Tigers!!!

This should be a closer game than the first one for lots of reasons. Daylan Hall is healthy. he can be a difference maker. It makes no difference which quarterback X uses (Brohm, Mattingly) they will run,run and run some more. X will throw up every misdirection gadget play as there passing attack. The Rocks will need to play turnover free and jump on the Tigers early to force them out of the run game. Both teams have started slow in the the first quarter, so I really don't see that as an issue unless the margin is three scores. In the end, I think the Trinity balance of run, pass will be to much for X. The chess match begins at 8:00 p.m. on Friday. I hope the Rocks make all the right moves... should be a great game... GO ROCKS! #20!

 

P.S. Congrats to the Trinity Cross Country team for winning a state record 18th State Championship on Saturday. St. X should take there pre-printed Cross Country Championship shirts and cake and file it with there 2005 pre-printed back-to-back football championship hoodies after Trinity defeated the Tigers 14-6.

Is the "Super-Classy" coach still mad at St. X's coach? I wonder if he has any more tricks up his sleeves. Will be pulling for X in this one.

 

I bet you will.

Tigers must keep it close by establishing the run or it will be tough to stay close. At this time Trinity has better players and unless X changes a few things it will be that way for a couple years. I for one like the way the way it is and not sure I feel the need to try and "load up". We can win a few every now and then with our way.

 

Go Tigers

I have stated many times during this season ( feel free to check out my posts) that the Tiger's are the Defending State Champs - and will continue to be until dethroned. That they should not be taken lightly - and that they are still dangerous. Their margin of victory Friday night over B was suprising to me.

 

Now look at what we got.

 

Have the roles been reversed - and X has "nothing to loose"?

 

T better come ready to play. I do not think they will take X lightly - keep your eye on the prize.

I think T will get it done, but honestly X is the only team that has a realistic chance of beating T. Whoever wins this should have easier games in round 4 and the state finals. I am sure Ryle, SK, and Male are all pulling for X in a HUGE way. I look for the T/X winner to play Ryle, then that winner to take state over Male. What a great time of year!. I would sooner watch X vs. Ryle or T vs. Male than UK or UL vs. anyone!

I'm sick to my stomach about this one. Too many times this series has surprised.....Go Rocks.

I'm sick to my stomach about this one. Too many times this series has surprised.....Go Rocks.

 

What he said.:eek:

Personnel wise and skill wise the Rocks have a tremendous addition this year. I have commented from the beginning of the season to not forget they are "youngsters" and we had a learning curve ahead of us. I think they have surpassed all expectations.

 

But the true and big test will be Friday night. What have they learned ? Can they deal with some adversity ? Can they bounce back against a real quality opponent ?

 

Let's go Rocks - finish.:thumb:

What he said.:eek:

 

What they said. :eek:

 

GO BIG GREEN MACHINE

Trinity by 14.

Welcome to the Class 6 A Championship game. If you don't think it is you're not smarter than a 5th grader. Rain would help X a lot, but it looks like it's just gonna be chilly. No 40+ point spread this time, but I will say a 17 point Shamrock win sounds about right. Now if T makes as many turnovers as Ballard then anything can happen.

Turnovers will tell the story. Also, Trinity can not allow X to go on 8 minute drives like Manual did in the first half.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.