Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coach Cal...Scum or Not Scum?????

Featured Replies

Let me start off by saying that, I support Cal and do not think he is scum.

 

Cal has been known to leave programs in shambles due to NCAA violations. His recruiting practices (or success) have led many to cast an evil eye on the Big Blue Ball Coach. Some say he is a sleaze, using the 1-and-done-rule as his only means of success, corrupting an already corrupt system.

 

Others point to his charity work, the love his players show for him, and the amount of teamwork and fun his players have playing for him.

 

So I must ask....Coach Cal, Scum or Not Scum?

  • Replies 48
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's in the scum pond...........

Moronic thread....

  • Author
Moronic thread....

 

You have to know the whole story.

What's up with the "Scum or not Scum" threads? Just curious?

  • Author
What's up with the "Scum or not Scum" threads? Just curious?

 

There was talk about Saban in a thread and it got the thread off topic. To continue to converation I made a thread about Saban. I was told that it was hypocritical to make a Saban thread if I wouldn't make one for Cal so I did.

I didn't see the Saban thread, but regardless of what coach we're talking about, I suspect there's a much better choice of words to choose from rather than "scum". Perhaps fans respect or don't respect a coach.... but calling them "scum" is inappropriate, rude, and degrading.

 

On the topic of Coach Cal, I don't understand why people have a problem of any sort with him. He's NEVER been proven to be tied to anything illegal. He's given of his time and resources since coming to KY in magnificent and kind ways. He's recruited, coached, and won for us. He's been a loving mentor to his players. Regardless of what anyone says, he's my kinda coach and I hope we're fortunate to be able to keep him until he retires.

  • Author
I didn't see the Saban thread, but regardless of what coach we're talking about, I suspect there's a much better choice of words to choose from rather than "scum". Perhaps fans respect or don't respect a coach.... but calling them "scum" is inappropriate, rude, and degrading.

 

On the topic of Coach Cal, I don't understand why people have a problem of any sort with him. He's NEVER been proven to be tied to anything illegal. He's given of his time and resources since coming to KY in magnificent and kind ways. He's recruited, coached, and won for us. He's been a loving mentor to his players. Regardless of what anyone says, he's my kinda coach and I hope we're fortunate to be able to keep him until he retires.

 

bluegrass, if you don't know how I post I over-exaggerate alot of things. Scum, in my actual vocabulary is reserved for the worst kinds of people and I can't think of a college or professional coach that has done something that was actually criminal in the last few years. But, this is a relative scum. The villains of the sports world kind of scum.

I didn't see the Saban thread, but regardless of what coach we're talking about, I suspect there's a much better choice of words to choose from rather than "scum". Perhaps fans respect or don't respect a coach.... but calling them "scum" is inappropriate, rude, and degrading.

 

On the topic of Coach Cal, I don't understand why people have a problem of any sort with him. He's NEVER been proven to be tied to anything illegal. He's given of his time and resources since coming to KY in magnificent and kind ways. He's recruited, coached, and won for us. He's been a loving mentor to his players. Regardless of what anyone says, he's my kinda coach and I hope we're fortunate to be able to keep him until he retires.

 

But God help him if he leaves Kentucky the way he did Memphis St., or how Ricky left UK for Boston. Then his name is synonymous with mud in yours and most every other UK fan's eyes?

But God help him if he leaves Kentucky the way he did Memphis St., or how Ricky left UK for Boston. Then his name is synonymous with mud in yours and most every other UK fan's eyes?

 

And Mr Schue comes in with a shot at UK fans. Completely unexpected.

 

Can't we keep this on (the ridiculous) topic?

And Mr Schue comes in with a shot at UK fans. Completely unexpected.

 

Can't we keep this on (the ridiculous) topic?

 

Truth hurts, don't it?

 

I mean, it's not like we haven't already seen this before with Pitino. During the entirety of the Smith and BCG eras, the UK fan base openly longed for Pitino's return, while cursing him at the same time for being a traitor. And it will happen again with Calipari.

 

My post was completely on-topic, because that's exactly how it would go down.

Coach Cal has won a lot of games and helped quite a few players reach their dreams in the NBA. Many people knock him for the big contract. But I think it is going to far to say he is scum after all Coach Calhoun has accomplished at U Conn ... :D

I mean, it's not like we haven't already seen this before with Pitino. During the entirety of the Smith and BCG eras, the UK fan base openly longed for Pitino's return, while cursing him at the same time for being a traitor. And it will happen again with Calipari.

 

More off topic drivel! Yay!

More off topic drivel! Yay!

 

More UK fans getting upset because they can't face the reality of themselves! Yay!

More off topic drivel! Yay!

 

More UK fans getting upset because they can't face the reality of themselves! Yay!

 

:popcorn:

You guys are too cute. I love it!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.