S.K. vs Highlands or Trinity vs Highlands ???

oldjarhead

Which Two Teams Would You Rather See Matched-Up?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Which Two Teams Would You Rather See Matched-Up?

• Highlands vs. Trinity
    • Highlands vs. Simon Kenton

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? I just want an explanaition as to how these predictions are being made. Do you guys follow the feeder programs: South Kenton, Summit View and Twenhofel? Have you been to the JV games(although I don't think they put much effort into the JV games, which perhaps they should)? I just want to know why all of these bold predictions are being made that a program that has had 5 straight winning seasons are just going to go back to how they were for the majority of the first 25 years of the programs existence.

Saying simply that their talent pool is going to drop off without explaining how you know this to be true gives your posts about the same credibility as what your favorite SK/UK fan says.

Just reiterating the SK coaching staff's thoughts. :cool:

Again JV I wouldn't put much stock in, that is something that I think SK should really put more effort and emphasis on if they really want to establish a legitament long lasting program.

Talent is talent, and they seem to be lacking it at these levels. It isn't like they have a bunch of sophmores starting for them this season.

How many state championships has SK ever won? Highlands is 25-1 against SK all time. There is no history to your program and SK has never won anything. Are you really proud of winning NKY 6a? NKY 6a has never won a state championship.

Do you really think a team that was ranked on many polls as a top 10 team in the country would really duck a lowsy Simon Kenton program? I don't think so.

As far as Trinity, I have heard from multiple reliable sources that Highlands and Trinity have tried to schedule a game, but they could not find a date. You know this and everyone else who pays attention on bluegrasspreps knows this. So we can move on from that.On a previous post you called people the rah-rah boys from cake town. At least we have something to rah-rah about. What should we call the people from SK, the mouths that are state championshipless?

While that has been stated. Starting in 2011, with the realignment, and teams not renewing with Highlands, surely there will be one date out of six or seven available to schedule the Birds and the Rocks. If not scheduled soon, then I do question the intent to play between two of the superpowers in the state. That thought is picking up steam I see here on BGP. You can only fool the folks for so long. Now is the time to slate the game if serious about it with all of the realignment.

They are a one man show this season. They have had no running game against good competition. Where is the talent pool that is going to allow this to happen. Please, back this statement up with some information.

Their talent pool comes from 2 middle schools and South Kenton. The oldest South Kenton team has about 6 kids taller than six foot. SK will have good seasons for years to come!

I think it's pretty funny that a 3A/4A level school is given a hard time by some people because they haven't been able to schedule a game with one of the biggest schools in the state or that they're afraid to play because it would ruin their streak. Then you have SK(mostly uninformed fans with blue blinders), the self-annointed NKY 6A powerhouse who's never won anything other than a district and regional title running off at the mouth about being an up and coming program but won't step up and play a top tier program regardless of class.

I've given the SK posters a hard way to go on here because it's very tiresome hearing how great they think they are or will be when they haven't won a thing and aren't willing to challenge themselves against better schools.

I think it's pretty funny that a 3A/4A level school is given a hard time by some people because they haven't been able to schedule a game with one of the biggest schools in the state or that they're afraid to play because it would ruin their streak. Then you have SK(mostly uninformed fans with blue blinders), the self-annointed NKY 6A powerhouse who's never won anything other than a district and regional title running off at the mouth about being an up and coming program but won't step up and play a top tier program regardless of class.

I've given the SK posters a hard way to go on here because it's very tiresome hearing how great they think they are or will be when they haven't won a thing and aren't willing to challenge themselves against better schools.

Highlands fans talk all they want but there streak would have ended last year! SK would beat Highlands last year and this year. Fort Thomas must be mandy pandy land!

Highlands fans talk all they want but there streak would have ended last year! SK would beat Highlands last year and this year. Fort Thomas must be mandy pandy land!

At least Highlands fans have earned the right to talk, 19 State Titles. What's SK's total again?

I'll play your game though, who'd SK lose to in the playoffs last year? Who did Highlands beat that beat that team? Let me help you...St X, 6A state champ lost to Cincy St X, same team Highlands beat.

I am pretty sure you meant 'Mamby Pamby' or 'Namby Pamby' one, and aside from that...you are still wrong IMO.

Edited by BirdsJustWin
add

Highlands fans talk the talk because their team walks the walk. Other than when ST X took their foot off the gas when has this great SK program last SCORED on a top tier program? Middletown? Um no. Trinity? Nope. So long ago can't even remember.

Talent is talent, and they seem to be lacking it at these levels. It isn't like they have a bunch of sophmores starting for them this season.

I know of one Sophomore starter on defense and thats Jared Bowling...And then I know they have two starters on defense that are juniors in Pinkleton and Mills...Then one backup junior on defense and a very talented one at that in DB Ray Webb...O then Jared Swanson also starts on defense he's only a junior and will also be a very good QB next year...Then you can throw in Nate Powell at RB who will probably start next year hes a frosh I think...And I forgot Stephens who should be a defensive end next year at 6'8 inches tall! Just to mention a few

Ill take the Rocks any day, Win or lose. Simple logic, forget the streak, who really cares, I dont. State Championships is what Dale and Highlands is remembered for. and measured by. The Rocks because they simply make Highlands better and vice versa. SK is just another local (no travel expense) Win imo. Sorry SK, but we are talking the tale of two Kings here. Enough said. To be a King you must beat the King, and SK should take notes or continue to settle for less. Go Birds 20n10

I know of one Sophomore starter on defense and thats Jared Bowling...And then I know they have two starters on defense that are juniors in Pinkleton and Mills...Then one backup junior on defense and a very talented one at that in DB Ray Webb...O then Jared Swanson also starts on defense he's only a junior and will also be a very good QB next year...Then you can throw in Nate Powell at RB who will probably start next year hes a frosh I think...And I forgot Stephens who should be a defensive end next year at 6'8 inches tall! Just to mention a few

Sounds like they should have dominated the JV ranks this year. What did their record end up?