S.K. vs Highlands or Trinity vs Highlands ???

oldjarhead

Which Two Teams Would You Rather See Matched-Up?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Which Two Teams Would You Rather See Matched-Up?

• Highlands vs. Trinity
    • Highlands vs. Simon Kenton

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets talk about last year.

Early in the season when almost the whole team was healthy , the birds did what they always do, roll to a state title.

After the Cincy X game , Bardo gets hurt (elbow injury ), Roller (still wearing knee brace from previous torn ACL injury) , Austin Collinsworth , playing with broken thumb. Even with the injuries to these key players being injured , Highlands rolled to get title #19. When these players couldn't play ,their back ups came in and didn't miss a beat. That in my mind tells me that the birds had great depth last year. That also means the birds had great talent in last years junior class ,as Abner and Bruns come to mind. (Sorry can't remember everybody ). I'll never forget Bardo playing tailback, running the ball with that elbow brace , not even able to give a stiff arm because of the brace . All the players from Highlands , not only showed their talent , but their will to win. Uk#1fan , in case you lost count , thats three D1 players either sitting out or playing with some injuries.

Now , what weapons did SK have last year ? I'll guess Simpson ?

Lets talk about last year.

Early in the season when almost the whole team was healthy , the birds did what they always do, roll to a state title.

After the Cincy X game , Bardo gets hurt (elbow injury ), Roller (still wearing knee brace from previous torn ACL injury) , Austin Collinsworth , playing with broken thumb. Even with the injuries to these key players being injured , Highlands rolled to get title #19. When these players couldn't play ,their back ups came in and didn't miss a beat. That in my mind tells me that the birds had great depth last year. That also means the birds had great talent in last years junior class ,as Abner and Bruns come to mind. (Sorry can't remember everybody ). I'll never forget Bardo playing tailback, running the ball with that elbow brace , not even able to give a stiff arm because of the brace . All the players from Highlands , not only showed their talent , but their will to win. Uk#1fan , in case you lost count , thats three D1 players either sitting out or playing with some injuries.

Now , what weapons did SK have last year ? I'll guess Simpson ?

SK had enough weapons to beat Highlands last year.

Highlands fans talk all they want but there streak would have ended last year! SK would beat Highlands last year and this year. Fort Thomas must be mandy pandy land!

Wow, you are serious too? Hmmm. HHS has earned the right to talk. What has SK done? How many championships have they won? How many have they even competed for (1)? Really need to wake up my friend! Count the championships. No, not junior league championships either. Might consider counting the "W's" as well. Let's look at common opponents to start....Not last year (not even close), or this year my friend. Perhaps you can convince SK and their officials to play HHS. That would put all of this to rest. Would prefer T however. Although, they are going to be a STRONG team over the next 2-3 years with all of those Soph studs they have. There is not a team in 6A, not even SK :rolleyes:, that will come close to them (T) IMO this year.

While that has been stated. Starting in 2011, with the realignment, and teams not renewing with Highlands, surely there will be one date out of six or seven available to schedule the Birds and the Rocks. If not scheduled soon, then I do question the intent to play between two of the superpowers in the state. That thought is picking up steam I see here on BGP. You can only fool the folks for so long. Now is the time to slate the game if serious about it with all of the realignment.

Your only arguement is that Highlands should schedule better to be considered in national rankings. Highlands isn't nationally ranked this year so there is not really an arugement. Since we are not talking about national rankings this year we can move on. The beauty of a public school like Highlands, is that they can schedule who they want because of the size, where as schools like Trinity can only schedule schools on even playing field with them or smaller schools. Not to put down Trinity, them and ST. X own 6-a. But the teams that Highlands is on a level playing field with have no been able to compete on a consistent basis.

One thing that you did leave out is that just because Highlands may have room to schedule teams next year, does not mean other large student population schools will have openings or want to schedule Highlands (the only reason they wouldn't want to is maybe the harbin rankings in Ohio). Again it is 2 sided.

By the way no one is fooled. Highlands did actually win that many games in a row. What do you mean by fooled, in regards to the winning streak?

And History, what does your school's schedule look like?

Edited by thenamerobdigity
History's school

SK had enough weapons to beat Highlands last year.

Is that all ya got ? These weapons you speak of , do they have names ? I would think you would remember their names if they were stars for SK. :confused: Should I dig up an old roster of SK , and let you pick your stars at will ? How many went on to play D1 football ? Yea , I'm still waiting for names . :D

Sounds like they should have dominated the JV ranks this year. What did their record end up?

No idea but I'm not sure I risk having all these starters for my varsity squad injured by playing also in JV games...I believe Swanson played QB at the JV level and that may be it

You guys crack me up letting uk#1fan get under your skin lol. If you havent noticed he is the only SK poster talking garbage. SK has a win 3 yrs ago in a frosh game vs Highlands and that is all to hang their hat on. Lets not play into his games.

Is that all ya got ? These weapons you speak of , do they have names ? I would think you would remember their names if they were stars for SK. :confused: Should I dig up an old roster of SK , and let you pick your stars at will ? How many went on to play D1 football ? Yea , I'm still waiting for names . :D

Most of SK's star players from last year are still playing for them Chad Lawrence, Ryan Winkler, Jake Krummen, Zach Carroll, DJ Rabe, Matt Reilly, Sage Powell, Austin Baldwin, Bo Lockard, Parker Deters and Sage Powell.

I AGREE!!! Please guys....let's ignore these "rants" From UK#1fan till the game is scheduled. I'm sure real fans appreciate the fact that SK is improving but not yet arrived till the SCHEDULE and BEAT the Birds. Let's focus on getting the Trinity and ST. X games scheduled since we all know that would be a great set of games. Real football fans appreciate their tradition/talent just as they appreciate what the Birds do year in year out. THey need their schedule filled as does HHS. It is obvious the N.ky teams are "ducking'' except RYle(why we respect Ryle). IMO