Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Conner 46 Cooper 40

Featured Replies

What a game from Hebron tonight. Congratulations to Conner on getting the 4 seed and making the playoffs. The game ended with Cooper on Conner's one after having a first and goal with about 48 seconds to play. Cooper gave it to Bradley 3 straight times and he was denied. Conner's D gets the game ball for the goal line stand with the season on the line and a ton of pride. Bradley had a monster game. Great athlete. However, I am sure he would cash in his stats for a win tonight. Heartbreaker for the Jags.

 

Good luck to the Cougars in the playoffs.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unofficial count from the stands had Bradley at 405 yards rushing. It will be interesting to see how close we were as we were just having fun counting as he broke big run after big run. Congrats to Conner and good luck in the playoff game. Lots of penalties called on the Jag's tonight including 4th and goal and pass knocked down and Cooper called for pass interference. I think they had around 15 penalties called on them tonight. They got down 2 scores with about 7 minutes left and we thought the game was over but Bradley scored after a few carries, Cooper held and got the ball back with 2:42 or so and a beautiful 50 yard catch by Doll as he dove and tipped it up and caught it on the way down. A couple of Bradley runs get inside the 5 and with 11 men in the box they run up the middle 3 times and are denied. The clock runs out as they try to get the 4th down play off. I don't think the Jag's had one pass until the 4th quarter as Bradley ran up and down the field. Great job by the O Line and Bradley. The defense did not seem to blitz one play so Conner's QB had time to throw and they ran up the middle when they dropped in coverage. Both defenses were horrible tonight. Another tough loss for the Jag's. They have been in every game except SK and have lost to Ryle, Campbell, Holmes and Conner in the last 3 minutes or overtime. The good news is about 5-6 Soph's start Varsity and did real well all year so brighter days ahead.

Congrats Conner! Good luck in the playoffs.

Glad to see Bradley go out with a bang he is a very good player!

I talked to Cooper's stat man a bit after the game. Bradley finished with 410 and 4 TD's I believe. Keep your head up Jags, you guys have worked your tail ends off and have nothing to be ashamed of. Coach Borchers has done a great job with this team in the 3 years it has been around.

I talked to Cooper's stat man a bit after the game. Bradley finished with 410 and 4 TD's I believe. Keep your head up Jags, you guys have worked your tail ends off and have nothing to be ashamed of. Coach Borchers has done a great job with this team in the 3 years it has been around.

 

I think Cooper will have a better season next year they did their best against the 6A teams.

I think Cooper will have a better season next year they did their best against the 6A teams.

 

I believe a lot of the 6A schools will still be on their schedule. I'm pretty sure they still have to play Ryle and Boone since they are Boone County Schools, and I have also heard some rumors that Cooper picked up Dixie for a week 10 battle....

I think Cooper will have a better season next year they did their best against the 6A teams.

 

Agreed. Cooper could well be a contender in their new 5A district of Conner, Grant, Scott High, and South Oldham. Seems like only good things on the horizon for the Jaguars.

Hahahaha Conner WON!!! What now???

 

 

 

 

I think Cooper will have a better season next year they did their best against the 6A teams.

Hard to believe a player with 400 yards rushing was stuffed three times on the final drive. Kudos to the Conner defense and Bradley for video game numbers.

  • Author

A few points I would like to hit on in this thread;

 

1. Where are all of the posters that bashed Conner in the prediction thread? They seem to have disappeared.

2. I question the Cooper coaches decision to run the ball on 3rd and goal with 13.4 seconds to play with zero timeouts. Horrible decision imo. I roll my QB and throw the ball. If it's incomplete, the clock stops and you live for another play. In this game, the clock ran out on their 4th down play. I think they put to many marbles in the Bradley bucket and it cost them the game. IMO, football is all about being unpredictable, and frankly, Cooper was very predictable on the goal line stand.

3. I think Bradley is/was Cooper's entire team. Conner showed a balanced attack, and returns many, many skilled players to the 2011 team. I say it here and now. Cooper will get their first district win next year in 5A, but it will NOT be against Conner. It will probably come against Scott or Grant County (depends on who they play first). Conner returns some serious talent, and will own this district for the next three years for sure.

 

Great game tonight, but both D's need work. I think Conner will roll in the JV game tomorrow morning. I believe this game has ignited a great rivalry to become.

Wow...sounds like this was a great game.

 

I really feel for he Cooper kids. They have come up just short so many times this year. As stated before though, better days are ahead for this program. Coach Borchers has this team and program heading in the right direction.

 

Good luck to Conner in the playoffs and a big congrats to Coach T and his staff.

Congrats Conner!

A few points I would like to hit on in this thread;

 

1. Where are all of the posters that bashed Conner in the prediction thread? They seem to have disappeared.

2. I question the Cooper coaches decision to run the ball on 3rd and goal with 13.4 seconds to play with zero timeouts. Horrible decision imo. I roll my QB and throw the ball. If it's incomplete, the clock stops and you live for another play. In this game, the clock ran out on their 4th down play. I think they put to many marbles in the Bradley bucket and it cost them the game. IMO, football is all about being unpredictable, and frankly, Cooper was very predictable on the goal line stand.

3. I think Bradley is/was Cooper's entire team. Conner showed a balanced attack, and returns many, many skilled players to the 2011 team. I say it here and now. Cooper will get their first district win next year in 5A, but it will NOT be against Conner. It will probably come against Scott or Grant County (depends on who they play first). Conner returns some serious talent, and will own this district for the next three years for sure.

 

Great game tonight, but both D's need work. I think Conner will roll in the JV game tomorrow morning. I believe this game has ignited a great rivalry to become.

 

Bradley ran for 410 yards last night... 410 yards. Why wouldn't you give it to him 3 times on the goal line? He ate Conner's defense alive. IMO it was the best thing to do. I can guarantee if Borchers had decided to throw the ball in that situation the exact opposite would be said and people would be saying why wouldn't you give the ball to Bradley 3 times on the one? I guess though that's the reason we're in the stands. It's easy to question everything when you have no clue about the program or see the kids at practice everyday. Congrats to Conner on the win, good luck in the playoffs.

Bradley ran for 410 yards last night... 410 yards. Why wouldn't you give it to him 3 times on the goal line? He ate Conner's defense alive. IMO it was the best thing to do. I can guarantee if Borchers had decided to throw the ball in that situation the exact opposite would be said and people would be saying why wouldn't you give the ball to Bradley 3 times on the one? I guess though that's the reason we're in the stands. It's easy to question everything when you have no clue about the program or see the kids at practice everyday. Congrats to Conner on the win, good luck in the playoffs.

 

I agree with you. Arent you supose to dance with the one that brought you!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.