Kentucky 31 South Carolina 28

Bluto

Just like the Auburn game, but they finished it. I feel great for Hartline to be able to finish the game he started against SC last year. Seems like Joker and Randy have unleashed him a bit and he's been up to the challenge.

In other notes, the defense HAS to be better and more consistent, and I HATE prevent D.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just like the Auburn game, but they finished it. I feel great for Hartline to be able to finish the game he started against SC last year. Seems like Joker and Randy have unleashed him a bit and he's been up to the challenge.

In other notes, the defense HAS to be better and more consistent, and I HATE prevent D.

It's almost like they start every game in the prevent D and then tighten up as the game goes on

It's almost like they start every game in the prevent D and then tighten up as the game goes on

Did you watch it? They blitzed and got burned almost every play in the 1st half. It wasn't until the 2nd they started dropping more guys.

What a game. My brother came in from work and he wanted to leave when he saw the score of the game. I told him we should just wait around for a little bit to see if UK could make it a game.

I'm sorry Mike Hartline and UK coaches I was wrong. Hartline is the guy that should be under center for UK. He looked like Andre Woodson tonight. Everyone was so down on the UK offensive playcalling style but tonight we saw how effective Joker's offense is with an experienced QB. I just hope Moss or Newton get the system quicker than MH did.

Beating Spurrier is awesome. He cried on the sideline the entire 2nd half. Chris Matthews is a beast, I wish this guy would have been hear all 4 years. Randall Cobb is the heart and soul of UK football, I will hate to see him go whenever he takes his game to the pros. And the defense was much improved in the 2nd half. It's still not great, or even very good but they made some nice plays in the 2nd half.

I've waited a long, long time to see UK wipe that smirk off of the Ole Ball Coach's face. Feels good. Great game by Hartline and Matthews. Cobb came up big when he was needed. The defense again struggled early but made adjustments at the half and gave the offense a chance to win it. Brown has been much maligned this season but I think the adjustments he has made at halftime the last 2 weeks show that it is more the youth of the defense, and not his coaching ability that has led to the defensive struggles.

Why was it bad coaching at the end? The plan for South Carolina was simple. They had 11 seconds and they were on the 20 yard line. Anything other than a shot at the end zone was pointless in that situation. I'm certain the plan after the timeout was to take that shot and then kick the FG if it didn't work. There was nothing wrong with the coaching, but it was a terrible decision by Garcia to throw that ball. He just dropped a couple of steps and flung it...I don't think he bothered to see what kind of coverage was down the field.

Great win for the Wildcats. South Carolina was the game I most wanted to win this season, so I'm happy.