Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Power Balance Bracelets

Featured Replies

Kinda like my new diet book coming out. Based upon the belief if you drink a coke when eating a candy bar, the acid in the coke eats the calories, so you won't gain weight!

  • Replies 32
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone remember "The Stimulator"? It was a hand held stimulator shaped like a lipstick tube with a plunger on the end. The other end was placed over an area that hurt, and delivered an electric shock. Endoresed by Evil Knevil, Billy Casper. Four easy payments of 39.95. They were busted when it was discovered it was actually a gas grill ignitor available at Ace Hardware for 4.95.

OTL on ESPN just did a story on these. Some university did a study on them and comfirmed that they do not work. Also said that when the first year they were in business, I believe they said 2006, they did $8000. Last year they did $17,000,000. That's an impressive scam.

So, if I wear 20 of them, I could possibly beat up Brock Lesnar?

  • Author

I have and wear one everyday. Never take it off. The way I look at it, they are not hurting me by wearing them. I'll take all the help I can get to be more balanced or to perform better. If the brain thinks this will help, maybe they will make you more balanced. Who knows. :idunno:

 

I've been know to blow money before in the past on scams. That "Buns of Steel" video didn't work either!:lol:

This sounds like an updated version of the magnet bracelets that were popular several years ago. Have to admit, I still have one of those.

My mother in law was wearing hers when she fell last week and broke her hip. :idunno: Seems like a scam to me!

This sounds like an updated version of the magnet bracelets that were popular several years ago. Have to admit, I still have one of those.

 

I wore a high powered bracelet for a while, and at times it seemed to ease the shoulder pain I frequently have.

I have and wear one everyday. Never take it off. The way I look at it, they are not hurting me by wearing them. I'll take all the help I can get to be more balanced or to perform better. If the brain thinks this will help, maybe they will make you more balanced. Who knows. :idunno:

 

I've been know to blow money before in the past on scams. That "Buns of Steel" video didn't work either!:lol:

 

Actually the last thing the researching said was the bracelet itself without a doubt does not work be the placebo effect most certainly works.

"You know how hard this game is?

If you believe you're playing

well because you're getting "some"

or because you're not getting

"some" or because you wore red silk

panties--then you are!"

It was on OUtside the LInes yesterday. A college researched them and found they did nothing. They had a generic $1.00 bracelet and a power bracelet under a wristband. Rotated them. And found out that the power bracelet did nothing.

 

What they did find is the 2nd bracelet ALWAYS performed better. Once a person knew what was going to happen, they performed better whether it was the power bracelet or the $1.00 bracelet.

 

They also pointed out to notice in the demonstrations, the power bracelet ALWAYS is the 2nd bracelet.

  • Author

Interesting article about Power Balance. For the record I still have mine on. True or not, I'll take all the help I can get. I can't explain it, but I did take the test and did see an improvement. I'll continue to wear mine as long as I have it. Without a doubt, it is not hurting me to wear it.

 

Australian authorities say the California-based company behind the wildly popular wristbands and pendants has no business claiming that they improve balance, strength and flexibility.

 

And they even got Power Balance to admit it.

 

The company wrote: "We admit that there is no credible scientific evidence that supports our claims." It also agreed to give refunds to customers who believe they were cheated.

 

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110105/ap_on_sp_ot/us_balance_bracelets

Like most other things, it's in your head.
But, if it works, it works, reguardless of the reason. :sssh:

I have one and wear it when I play golf. It doesn't help with anything, I'm just used to having it on my wrist.

Placebo

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.