Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Where will Bill Cowher Coach next year?

Featured Replies

Wishing: Dallas

 

Probable: Carolina

  • Replies 38
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just because Cowher grew up in the area, I am not understanding why he would want to stay and coach there. His kids are older and god rest her soul, but his wife has passed on so I am not seeing the reason he must stay in the area. Carolina has dwindling support and the future rests with Jimmy Claussen. Ugh.

Not in Cincinnati, that's for sure!

Curious why you say that?

Panthers, he is from the Carolina's.

 

Bill grew up outside of Pittsburgh. In played in Cleveland. I really think he is headed to the NY Giants. The way Pittsburgh feels about Dallas and Jones, I can't see him going there. I don't see him going anywhere he has to play Pittsburgh twice a year, so that eliminates Cleveland, Baltimore and Cincinnati. I could see him in Houston as well. But I think the NY Giants is where Bill lands.

Just because Cowher grew up in the area, I am not understanding why he would want to stay and coach there. His kids are older and god rest her soul, but his wife has passed on so I am not seeing the reason he must stay in the area. Carolina has dwindling support and the future rests with Jimmy Claussen. Ugh.

 

Pretty sure his kids are away at college too, so it's not like he would be staying home to be with them.

I have always thought that he'd end up in Cleveland, where he played. Maybe he's smarter than that, at least I'd hope so. And in the event that Marvin is headed out the door, perhaps Cincy is an option. I imagine that in week 10 and after, this picture will begin to take shape and I think it's a lock that he's on the sideline next season somewhere.

 

Not in Cincinnati, that's for sure!

 

Curious why you say that?

 

I think if for some reason Marvin is not back next year, I think there would be a decent chance he would come here to Cincy. He seems to believe in what the Bengals have more than anyone on that CBS show. He usually has nothing but good things to say about them, and he even says that people should calm down about Palmer. After the game on Sunday, he was even saying to Boomer that people should not be down because of the offense not doing well, because any win in the NFL is a good win. Also said that he still believes Palmer is a good QB, and will get things straightened out. So he is a fan of how things are in Cincy right now, so it wouldn't be a big suprise if he did end up here if Marvin left.

I think if for some reason Marvin is not back next year, I think there would be a decent chance he would come here to Cincy. He seems to believe in what the Bengals have more than anyone on that CBS show. He usually has nothing but good things to say about them, and he even says that people should calm down about Palmer. After the game on Sunday, he was even saying to Boomer that people should not be down because of the offense not doing well, because any win in the NFL is a good win. Also said that he still believes Palmer is a good QB, and will get things straightened out. So he is a fan of how things are in Cincy right now, so it wouldn't be a big suprise if he did end up here if Marvin left.

I think you may have forgotten who owns and runs the Bengals (into the ground). Do you really believe Cowher would come to Cincy and work for Mikey Boy? You really think that is a possibility?

I think you may have forgotten who owns and runs the Bengals (into the ground). Do you really believe Cowher would come to Cincy and work for Mikey Boy? You really think that is a possibility?

 

 

:thumb:

 

The only way he'd come to Cincinnati is if he could have complete control over personnel.

I think you may have forgotten who owns and runs the Bengals (into the ground). Do you really believe Cowher would come to Cincy and work for Mikey Boy? You really think that is a possibility?

 

I didn't say it was a good possibility. However I do think it would be something he would consider. He knows how things are in the AFC North, and he does like the makeup from the team from the defense all the way to the QB. So I do think he would consider it, but your right about the Mike Brown thing probably being the thing that would not get him to though in the end.

Panthers, he is from the Carolina's.

 

He is a Pittsburgh guy, just like Marvin. They played against each other in college. His late wife was from the Carolina and he met her at NC State.

 

I think he likes the Carolina job, but NYG would be very intriguing...

If Marvin isn't back next year, Mike Zimmer will be the head man in Cincinnati.

I think Carolina, and NYG are real options. Carolina has some nice pieces, but they are far enough away from being a contender that he could build them in his own image. They have their QB of the future, 2 good RBs, a good WR though he is getting up there in age, so they could really focus on building on the OL and the defense. Sounds like the perfect job for Cowher.

 

NYG is also perfect and provides what Carolina does not, a passionate fanbase. The Giants will also be able to spend when needed, and could have a really nice team if they would draft well for a good two seasons I think.

 

I think San Fran could be a darkhorse though, if Cowher is willing to leave the East side of the country. I've never felt that they thought Singleterry was the man to take them to the promised land and I think that they could miss the playoffs this year and it would be a great job for Cowher. They have a tradition of winning, they have a pretty good talent base to work with. If I'm Cowher I want that job.

 

I couldn't see him taking the Cowboys job, nor could I see Gruden (who will be in Cleveland with Holmgren IMO). Dallas is never going to get that kind of established NFL coach anymore for the most part, because of Jerry Jones. Who would want to work under that when you have organizations that will spend enough to win but stay out of your way as well?

He is a Pittsburgh guy, just like Marvin. They played against each other in college. His late wife was from the Carolina and he met her at NC State.

 

I think he likes the Carolina job, but NYG would be very intriguing...

If similarity in ownership has anything to do with it, the G-Men would be as close as you get to the Rooneys.

If Marvin isn't back next year, Mike Zimmer will be the head man in Cincinnati.

 

I agree with this.

If similarity in ownership has anything to do with it, the G-Men would be as close as you get to the Rooneys.

 

I think the G-men would be a good fit for Cowher, but I think he likes Carolina too. I can't see him in Dallas.

 

 

Also Bill and Marvin played against each other in high school not college (just correcting a mistake of mine from earlier).

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.