Cooper/Simon Kenton Predictions

uk#1fan

Who do you think wins?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think wins?

Just looked at the latest poll numbers and I must say that I am very surprised at the results. Are people voting Cooper because they actually think they can/will win this game or are they voting against SK because of uk#1fan? Myself, I would be very surprised if Cooper wins this game. I don't think Cooper has faced anything along the likes of Lawrence this season. I will be curious to see his stats after this game.

Lots of chain pulling going on. SK will stack the box vs. Bradley and just don't see Cooper having another answer. The Jags will play hard but it's SK's homecoming and success is a hanging Chad, I mean hanging on Chad.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like to me SK better hope and pray Chad dont get hurt ! Is there anyone else on the team that plays offence . I think people are voting for Cooper because they have a shot too win ! Would someone explain how they dont !! They have been in every game they played this year ! Uk Fan may help some people make there minds up!!

How can you say that Ryle is not good on defense? What are you basing that opinion on? According to the KHSAA, there is only one team in Ky 6A that has allowed fewer points than Ryle's defense. That seems to be pretty darn good to me.

Just a couple facts. Ryles strength of schedule is 31 and Sk is 27.9. Sk has given up 95 points, Ryle 71. So against better teams Ryle has given up 25% fewer points.

One more day and we get to watch SK steam roll the Jags! Thanks for my PM's or hate mail whatever u want to call it. I guess I am not aloud to post my opinion on here. A SK grad tells me I make SK and Independence look dumb but they send there kid to Cooper. I can't wait till my son goes to SK! I hope Coach Marksberry runs the score up tomorrow night!

Ryle has only played one good team and that was Highlands!

You may want to check Ryle's schedule again because theirs has been much tougher than SK's...

They beat down Covcath 61-0 in week 1, while your Neers were getting handled by Middletown.

They lost 29-14 to arguably the best team in the state. (Highlands)

They beat the #1 ranked 2A team in the state 27-7. (Newcath, who by the way, would likely beat your Neers this season)

They beat a Dixie team 20-7 that your Neers needed a last second field goal to beat.

And they beat Cooper 28-21.

SK has played no where near the schedule of Ryle.

New Richmond, OH...horrible.

Henry Clay...Average, at best. Oh, they lost to Boone as well.

Middletown...good team, which is why SK got handled.

Conner...lost to 2A Holy Cross 41-21. End of story.

Dixie...decent team that Neers needed a last second field goal to beat.

Looking at the schedules, it's not even close. SK would likely be 2-3 or 3-2 against Ryle's schedule right now.

You may want to check Ryle's schedule again because theirs has been much tougher than SK's...

They beat down Covcath 61-0 in week 1, while your Neers were getting handled by Middletown.

They lost 29-14 to arguably the best team in the state. (Highlands)

They beat the #1 ranked 2A team in the state 27-7. (Newcath, who by the way, would likely beat your Neers this season)

They beat a Dixie team 20-7 that your Neers needed a last second field goal to beat.

And they beat Cooper 28-21.

SK has played no where near the schedule of Ryle.

New Richmond, OH...horrible.

Henry Clay...Average, at best. Oh, they lost to Boone as well.

Middletown...good team, which is why SK got handled.

Conner...lost to 2A Holy Cross 41-21. End of story.

Dixie...decent team that Neers needed a last second field goal to beat.

Looking at the schedules, it's not even close. SK would likely be 2-3 or 3-2 against Ryle's schedule right now.

CovCath is having a down year it was there QB's first start! NCC would get beat by SK! Henry Clay would beat Ryle! SK has played two 6A schools and two Ohio schools. New Richmond would give Ryle a game New Richmond is 3-2. Also Chad Lawrence pulled his groin muscle 2 days before the Middletown game that hurt them more than u think if he was healthy that game it would have been a good game. Don't forget that scrimmage when SK blew out Holmes first time I seen a running clock in a scrimmage.

Sounds like to me SK better hope and pray Chad dont get hurt ! Is there anyone else on the team that plays offence . I think people are voting for Cooper because they have a shot too win ! Would someone explain how they dont !! They have been in every game they played this year ! Uk Fan may help some people make there minds up!!

Don't think they are the only team that hopes their "star" doesn't get hurt. I know a lot of teams that would be devastated with a key injury.....................

Ryle-Elliott

Highlands-Towles

HC-Arlinghaus

Cooper-Bradley

SK-Lawrence

Beechwood-Vocke

New Cath-Hightchew

These are just a few, but I think if any of these teams lost these players, they would be hurting.

CovCath is having a down year it was there QB's first start! NCC would get beat by SK! Henry Clay would beat Ryle! SK has played two 6A schools and two Ohio schools. New Richmond would give Ryle a game New Richmond is 3-2. Also Chad Lawrence pulled his groin muscle 2 days before the Middletown game that hurt them more than u think if he was healthy that game it would have been a good game. Don't forget that scrimmage when SK blew out Holmes first time I seen a running clock in a scrimmage.

Can you honestly say Ryle's schedule isn't tougher than SK's?

Down year or not, Covcath would likely give SK a game and beat them.

NCC would control the clock against SK and wear them down with their huge O-line and run game.

New Richmond is horrible...regardless of how you try to spin it. 3-2 has to do with the teams they play....not how good they are. They would be very comparable to a Newport or Lloyd here in nky.

Pulled groin or not, Middletown absolutely man handled SK's defense. 34-0 speaks for itself.

Henry Clay lost to Boone by 9...I doubt very seriously they'd beat Ryle. Henry Clay and the whole Lexington area is probably one of the most disappointing area of the state considering the talent there and lack of production.

And if you really want to hang your hat on a scrimmage...that alone should tell you something is wrong. Don't worry though. The reality check is coming soon.

I still would like to know what UK#1 fan is basing his opinion on. Is it because of the schedule and strength of opponents. Please come up with some credible data to support your argument, i.e. is it because they can't defend the run, pass, both or give up too many points. What?

I still would like to know what UK#1 fan is basing his opinion on. Is it because of the schedule and strength of opponents. Please come up with some credible data to support your argument, i.e. is it because they can't defend the run, pass, both or give up too many points. What?

He's just one of "those" fans. The guys that like to get under everyone's skin to try and get a response out of them. Best of luck to both teams and let's hope both teams leave the game healthy and intact.

He's just one of "those" fans. The guys that like to get under everyone's skin to try and get a response out of them. Best of luck to both teams and let's hope both teams leave the game healthy and intact.

Nope I just think SK is the top team this year just like last year one more week and Ryle's ship sinks!