Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Eric Bledsoe Grades/Transcript Update

Featured Replies

  • Replies 109
  • Views 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished reading it. Have several thoughts but right now the main thing is I'm officially scared...

I'm thinkin' Tuna or Red Snapper. Algebra 3 before Algebra 2? Ugh...............NO. That's not how it works.

I'm thinkin' Tuna or Red Snapper. Algebra 3 before Algebra 2? Ugh...............NO. That's not how it works.

 

Didn't the NCAA spend additional time investigation Bledsoe prior to the season. Not that it changes anything but when reviewing transcripts how do they not catch Algebra 3 before Algebra 2? The more I earn about the NCAA clearing house the more I think it is pretty much a joke. Being "cleared" to play really doesn't mean anything. Basic review of a transcript should catch the above problem.

Didn't the NCAA spend additional time investigation Bledsoe prior to the season. Not that it changes anything but when reviewing transcripts how do they not catch Algebra 3 before Algebra 2? The more I earn about the NCAA clearing house the more I think it is pretty much a joke. Being "cleared" to play really doesn't mean anything. Basic review of a transcript should catch the above problem.

 

I think this has been established. The article stated the NCAA had 55 agents reviewing over 90,000 transcripts. I think this needs to be addressed immediately. They obviously need additional personnel to handle their overwhelming case load. I would also think that Sandy Bell at UK would have also had access to this information, why didn't she catch it? That fish odor is getting stronger.

UK where win number 2000 was so fun we wanted to make sure we got to do it twice. Thanks for allowing that Mr. Bledsoe, and if all goes well with Kanter UK might get to do it a third time.

I think this has been established. The article stated the NCAA had 55 agents reviewing over 90,000 transcripts. I think this needs to be addressed immediately. They obviously need additional personnel to handle their overwhelming case load. I would also think that Sandy Bell at UK would have also had access to this information, why didn't she catch it? That fish odor is getting stronger.

Actually the wording was "less than 55." Little side note, if you know it is less than 55, why would you not say "54" or the exact number? That is for another thread.

 

But getting back to the "55 or less" people, the current investigation is retro, so that means whomever is not even going over this year's stuff. I am not saying there is nothing fishy; it would not surprise me at all. But it really shows what kind of organization we are working with here.

This is garbage anyway IMO. Even if the grades weren't real grades, they helped him get into college. He obviously did well enough in college to stay eligible, even if it was just for one year. If the kid didn't play sports, no one would care. There are much worse things someone could do, like take money, deal with agents, commit a crime, etc.

Didn't the NCAA spend additional time investigation Bledsoe prior to the season. Not that it changes anything but when reviewing transcripts how do they not catch Algebra 3 before Algebra 2? The more I earn about the NCAA clearing house the more I think it is pretty much a joke. Being "cleared" to play really doesn't mean anything. Basic review of a transcript should catch the above problem.
:thumb: :thumb:

Just backs what I have said all along. The only way he could have qualified was to have grades changed. Good to see the truth finally surface...

Actually the wording was "less than 55." Little side note, if you know it is less than 55, why would you not say "54" or the exact number? That is for another thread.

 

But getting back to the "55 or less" people, the current investigation is retro, so that means whomever is not even going over this year's stuff. I am not saying there is nothing fishy; it would not surprise me at all. But it really shows what kind of organization we are working with here.

 

Here's what I would do if I was in charge at the NCAA. I would have two clearances for eligibility:

 

1. You are cleared to play without any chance of your eligibility being reviewed or not being eligible on a retroactive basis.

2. You are cleared to play conditionally. The school would be advised that the case is still under review and they could choose to use the player in question or not. It would be left up to the individual school and their athletic department. I think this would prevent all of these issues and lend some credibility to the NCAA review process.

 

I realize there is no perfect solution, but at least this would put more of the accountability on the member institutions.

This is garbage anyway IMO. Even if the grades weren't real grades, they helped him get into college. He obviously did well enough in college to stay eligible, even if it was just for one year. If the kid didn't play sports, no one would care. There are much worse things someone could do, like take money, deal with agents, commit a crime, etc.

 

Have you seen the requirements to stay eligible for your second semester of college? It basically boils down to you need to pass 6 hours. That's 2 classes. You can fail the rest and still be eligible 2nd semester.

I guess the only question that really matters is, what would this mean for UK? I thought I heard elsewhere not much would come of this regardless of the findings.

Had a feeling from day 1 this would happen (Thanks GT)...i'm very, very sad our compliance office allowed this to happen. If it proves to be true, I think the ax should drop swiftly and severely with all of those in charge.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.