Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Eric Bledsoe Grades/Transcript Update

Featured Replies

Still how was UK to know this, or the NCAA for that matter? They both could only go on the official transcripts they had been given by Parker and Hayes. If the schools had changed the grades and the grades were what became official at the time then it would be very very crushing to take any kind of action towards Kentucky. The NCAA Clearinghouse investigated the situation thoroughly and declared him eligible, unless there is any lost letters in the mail floating around ala Derek Rose he should not be cleared ineligible because how was UK or the NCAA for that matter to know that Parker had perhaps changed his grade(s) in one core class?

 

Pretty much wherever he landed he was dropping a #2 on that program. Assuming the allegations are true that is.

  • Replies 109
  • Views 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt the NCAA really does anything to UK.

I doubt the NCAA really does anything to UK.

 

I hope you are right...but I don't think you are.

I hope you are right...but I don't think you are.

 

I'd be absolutely shocked if anything happened to UK over this....Why do you feel they will?

I love it. It looks like the cheaters are busted again.

I'd be absolutely shocked if anything happened to UK over this....Why do you feel they will?

 

I honestly feel like we have a couple of strikes against us. The NCAA is KILLING the SEC right now and seem to be looking at everything. Cal is a target is reason 2. I think it appears that UK and Cal didn't do anything wrong here, I have just had a feeling since we signed him it would go bad. Just a hunch I guess.

I love it. It looks like the cheaters are busted again.

 

Said the WVU fan... :lol:

I honestly feel like we have a couple of strikes against us. The NCAA is KILLING the SEC right now and seem to be looking at everything. Cal is a target is reason 2. I think it appears that UK and Cal didn't do anything wrong here, I have just had a feeling since we signed him it would go bad. Just a hunch I guess.

 

Might want to look into the ACC currently. The NCAA is wreaking havoc on the UNC football program.

I love it. It looks like the cheaters are busted again.

 

Were you aware of another case where the high school changed grade? Because surely you weren't talking about UK.

Sure did. His interviews were impossible to translate, and it got to the point I told my boss I was done talking to him on the record. Worst recruit I've ever dealt with from that aspect...

Just to clarify, do you mean he had difficulty communicating effectively in the English language, or he was using a lot of foul language?

I love it. It looks like the cheaters are busted again.

 

Yeah, should have been more careful. We all knew UK sneaking through a window in the middle of the night and changing his transcript grades would be a bad idea. :rolleyes:

 

 

 

 

What does this have to do with UK and cheating? This is all on Parker high school and the Birmingham District BOE. UK would not even be mentioned if Bledsoe didn't play for UK, if the grade investigation would have been done this would have came out no matter what school he went to. UK and the NCAA had no way of knowing his grades had been changed. What you see is what you get and what they got was a copy of his "official" transcript which made him eligible.

Yeah, should have been more careful. We all knew UK sneaking through a window in the middle of the night and changing his transcript grades would be a bad idea. :rolleyes:

 

 

 

 

What does this have to do with UK and cheating? This is all on Parker high school and the Birmingham District BOE. UK would not even be mentioned if Bledsoe didn't play for UK, if the grade investigation would have been done this would have came out no matter what school he went to. UK and the NCAA had no way of knowing his grades had been changed. What you see is what you get and what they got was a copy of his "official" transcript which made him eligible.

 

Logic gold. :D

Just to clarify, do you mean he had difficulty communicating effectively in the English language, or he was using a lot of foul language?

 

His grasp of the English language was less than poor. He came across as someone with a middle school level education at best...

UK and the NCAA had no way of knowing his grades had been changed.

 

If I knew.....

If I knew.....

 

You suspected. No one had a way of actually knowing or it wouldn't have taken an in depth investigation by an outside law firm. The transcripts had grades that were passed through the clearinghouse, they looked at them, UK looked at them and both allowed him to play. This is something that is coming out after the fact and in part can be due to corruption in the Birmingham school system, UK had no way of knowing 100% "for sure" that the grades hadn't been messed with. All they had was a final official that had grades good enough to qualify. If Kentucky ends up getting hit by this then something needs to be set for the clearinghouse as well because they looked into this situation double time and still cleared him. You can only retroactively rule players ineligible so many times before you turn into a total laughing stock and joke of an organization.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.