Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Eric Bledsoe Grades/Transcript Update

Featured Replies

Logic gold. :D

 

Yeah that does come off as a duh type statement. But he was going on about how this is UK's forte its what they do is cheat and I was just trying to say this has more to do with Parker High School then it does UK, and the only reason Kentucky is even involved is because its where Bledsoe landed at. It would be the same scrutiny more than likely if he would have went to UNC, Kansas, wherever.

 

 

In fact wasn't Duke and Coach K one of the last schools fighting for him. If it was so shady that is grades must have absolutely have been changed I doubt K would have been anywhere near him. We've went over this numerous times in the past, it wasn't impossible by any means to make that grade point average jump that he did. The 1+1=2 logic though says he was never smart to begin with so theres no way he ended up making good grades at the end. Point is, some students in high school can make poor grades just by doing nothing and not turning in work, then after actually trying actually make good scores. In high school if you at least do your work it is very easy to at least get C's, I mean if you make a good enough attempt A's and B's aren't out of the question. All of these things are variables the university and the ncaa couldn't have known for sure, and all they did know is his official transcript from the school said he made the grades. Because Parker High School may have changed it, without Kentucky or the NCAA's knowledge doesn't mean the NCAA Clearinghouse should cover their mistake and punish Kentucky for playing a player they deemed eligible.

  • Replies 109
  • Views 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
His grasp of the English language was less than poor. He came across as someone with a middle school level education at best...

Well, maybe his English skills are a bit lacking only because he was really focusing on algebra... I hear mathematics is his real strength, given that he earned A's in Algebra II and III.

You suspected.

 

I didn't know what exactly had been changed, but I knew they were messed with. The info I got was top shelf...

I didn't know what exactly had been changed, but I knew they were messed with. The info I got was top shelf...

 

No doubt, your usually always spot on so I feel ya there. Plus I'm not saying it didn't happen because it looks like it did, and I suspected such the first time you ever brought it up. I had just been holding on to the hope that as long as the school kept the lid on everything then it may go quietly through the night.

 

With that said though, it was possible to make the gpa jump, so again with the official transcripts from the school showing he had the scores to qualify it would be madness for the NCAA to come back and punish Kentucky for somebody they checked into thoroughly and still cleared. It would basically just be like setting them up just to drill them.

I didn't know what exactly had been changed, but I knew they were messed with. The info I got was top shelf...

 

I don't doubt that you knew or heard. But if it was that public the NCAA should have taken him down back in October of last year.

I don't doubt that you knew or heard. But if it was that public the NCAA should have taken him down back in October of last year.

 

It wasn't public. Just had very connected sources on the issue...

This type of stuff worries me. But then again the great NCAA will come through like always:rolleyes:.

Maggard maintains that the jump came from the stability of moving and living in an actual house instead of a car, having teachers holding him accountable and the extra incentive to qualify for college. Stranger things have happened.

NCAA ruled him eligible, UK played him. If now he's ruled ineligible the NCAA should be banned as an institution for a year and then put on 2 years probation for their mistake.

NCAA ruled him eligible, UK played him. If now he's ruled ineligible the NCAA should be banned as an institution for a year and then put on 2 years probation for their mistake.

 

Because they couldn't find evidence that has been intentionally hid from them? By a principal who told the Birmingham paper he would take the secrets over Bledsoe "To his grave." I mean come on the NCAA only works with what they have. Not to mention when Bledsoe enrolled at UK he signed and UK endorsed that he would be fully honest with the NCAA about everything he did. Turns out that might have been a lie, if it was then punishment is the result.

NCAA ruled him eligible, UK played him. If now he's ruled ineligible the NCAA should be banned as an institution for a year and then put on 2 years probation for their mistake.

 

Key passage from the story

 

The NCAA can retroactively declare a player ineligible based on new information. The eligibility center has fewer than 55 employees to evaluate about 90,000 transcripts for initial enrollment.

NCAA needs to redo their whole "eligible" process, once declared eligible they should not be able to change it 2 years down the road. Makes no sense to declare him in the first place.

What's the difference between this and Michael Oher? His grades changed quite drastically, I mean high school isn't that hard and teachers give out grades all the time to certain students. It doesn't really matter.

 

 

If Bledsoe and UK are punished then I feel that the high school should be punished as well for even letting him do that and skip him getting an education the correct way just like the other students.

I don't doubt that you knew or heard. But if it was that public the NCAA should have taken him down back in October of last year.

 

Or UK should have had the foresight to hold him out if they had completed their due dilligence. At some point, the responsibility goes on the school/head coach. I'm in a management position and if I continually have employees (players) that get my organization (the team/school) I am going to be held accountable. I agree there are many flaws in this process with the NCAA, but we all know this and must act accordingly. I am afraid that UK and Cal didn't do that.

What's the difference between this and Michael Oher? His grades changed quite drastically, I mean high school isn't that hard and teachers give out grades all the time to certain students. It doesn't really matter.

 

 

 

Another case of a student growing with added stablility.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.