Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

QB Play in Northern KY

Featured Replies

I don't think you can compare Pike's recruitment to Hemple's. Pike is the son a former NFL football player and is much bigger than Hemple. Like someone said earlier, you really cannot consider these offers until they can be accepted which is not until Feb. of their senior year. As far as stats go, take a look at the stats of the QB's that play in the Army All-American game, then tell me stats don't matter. These guys put up freakish numbers during their high school campaigns.

  • Replies 90
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you can compare Pike's recruitment to Hemple's. Pike is the son a former NFL football player and is much bigger than Hemple. Like someone said earlier, you really cannot consider these offers until they can be accepted which is not until Feb. of their senior year. As far as stats go, take a look at the stats of the QB's that play in the Army All-American game, then tell me stats don't matter. These guys put up freakish numbers during their high school campaigns.

 

You are correct that many put up those big numbers. However, offers have already been made despite Ryle's offense not lending itself to big passing stats. They saw him up close and that was good enough for them.

I know many think that but I am not so sure. Pike is a unique mix. He has the arm and he has great size. He can run the ball, similar to how Florida used Tebow. He is very elusive for his size and tough to sack, similar to Rothlisberger. I think this is when he is most dangerous ... scrambling and buying time for a receiver to get open and having the arm to hit him anywhere on the field. He also will surprise you with his speed. I think there is a very strong chance he plays QB at the next level. And I will even go out on a limb and say he very well could end up at Florida hoping the Gators will again break out the Tebow playbook with Pike at QB.

Pike does NOT like that much contact. There will be not Tebow style offense to use him in, I can almost guarantee that.

Pike does NOT like that much contact. There will be not Tebow style offense to use him in, I can almost guarantee that.

 

Hello...anybody home???

Pike does NOT like that much contact. There will be not Tebow style offense to use him in, I can almost guarantee that.

 

I think Pike loves contact u really need to go watch him play he's a stud!

Pike relishes contact. He is a bull with the ball. I would not want to tackle this kid when he has a full head of steam running downhill. My only advice is buckle up and get him low.

Pike relishes contact. He is a bull with the ball. I would not want to tackle this kid when he has a full head of steam running downhill. My only advice is buckle up and get him low.

 

 

It may sting a little, but those types are the easiest type of runners to tackle and usually end up taking a lot more of a beating than they give out.

Pike does NOT like that much contact. There will be not Tebow style offense to use him in, I can almost guarantee that.

 

Comical. Ask NCC, Beechwood, SK, and Conner if Pike shies away from contact. Heck, just ask the 3 SK guys he took out when leading the way for Bruns around the right end.

It may sting a little, but those types are the easiest type of runners to tackle and usually end up taking a lot more of a beating than they give out.

 

since when?

I already noted that Towles has size on Hempel.

 

Hempel has far more game-playing experience and I think he's a better decision maker. Some of the throws that Towles choose to make in the Ryle game earlier this year are indicative of this. They are throws he won't make as he gets more experience. Yes, he got some nice experience last year, primarily handing the ball off to his RB's. Hempel got experience when he QB'ed entire seasons as a sophomore and junior.

 

Hempel doesn't hold on to the ball any longer than Towles. Towles has better pass protection, which makes it seem like he's holding onto the ball less because he's not forced out of the pocket so much.

 

You were the one who stated in an earlier post that Towles is a far better QB than Hempel. I simply disagreed with that and don't see anything there to back that up yet. YOU may have decided that Towles is a "high major" player, but we'll have to wait and see for that. I hope he is. I don't root against the kid. But Hempel already has some offers on his plate. Somebody sees something legitimate about this kid playing QB at the college level.

 

Pure speculation on whether Ryle's record would be better. I'll stick with Hempel.

 

Actually, if you look at the list of schools recruiting Towles, you'll see it wasn't ME that decided he is a high major prospect.

 

Again, Hempel is a very talented kid both on and off the field, but when it comes to QB, I'd just personally take Towles.

 

As far as experience, I think it's safe to say Towles would have started at any other school in nky his sophomore and possibly freshman year if not for him attending Highlands. Would Hempel have started over Bardo or Guidugli the past two years?? IMO, doubtful.

since when?

 

Just my opinion based on my playing days.

Edited by leatherneck

 

As far as experience, I think it's safe to say Towles would have started at any other school in nky his sophomore and possibly freshman year if not for him attending Highlands. .

.

 

Considering he came into his sophomore season as the #3 or #4 qb I think you're reaching

Just my opinion based on my playing days.

 

He (Pike) really is a load to bring down. We'll get to see both qb's in a couple of weeks....should be fun to watch.

He (Pike) really is a load to bring down. We'll get to see both qb's in a couple of weeks....should be fun to watch.

 

That will certainly be a good game for Dixie's gate receipts - October 1st at Dixie... although a lot of football remains to be played between now and then.

He (Pike) really is a load to bring down. We'll get to see both qb's in a couple of weeks....should be fun to watch.

 

Understood and to be clear, I never said he wasn't.

 

Just saying from my experiences playing, I'd much rather have to tackle the bulldozer type than the fast, elusive type. The bulldozer types go down, albeit with some pain for the tackler (and a lot of soreness the next day too), but at least they go down. The fast elusive types have the ability to avoid tackles completely. The bulldozer types also get pretty beat up during a game if they run the ball a lot. They usually stay up for a while as they are being tackled, which gives a lot of other defenders the opportunity to get hits in also. Perhaps the subject of another thread.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.