Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

QB Play in Northern KY

Featured Replies

Yes he is getting offers but i bet not at QB but as a player kid with good size.\

 

I know many think that but I am not so sure. Pike is a unique mix. He has the arm and he has great size. He can run the ball, similar to how Florida used Tebow. He is very elusive for his size and tough to sack, similar to Rothlisberger. I think this is when he is most dangerous ... scrambling and buying time for a receiver to get open and having the arm to hit him anywhere on the field. He also will surprise you with his speed. I think there is a very strong chance he plays QB at the next level. And I will even go out on a limb and say he very well could end up at Florida hoping the Gators will again break out the Tebow playbook with Pike at QB.

  • Replies 90
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know many think that but I am not so sure. Pike is a unique mix. He has the arm and he has great size. He can run the ball, similar to how Florida used Tebow. He is very elusive for his size and tough to sack, similar to Rothlisberger. I think this is when he is most dangerous ... scrambling and buying time for a receiver to get open and having the arm to hit him anywhere on the field. He also will surprise you with his speed. I think there is a very strong chance he plays QB at the next level. And I will even go out on a limb and say he very well could end up at Florida hoping the Gators will again break out the Tebow playbook with Pike at QB.

 

It's not likely that he will sign with the Gators because they have Jeff Driskell committed right now and on a number of sites he is ranked the # 1 QB for the 2011 class

I know I'll get a ton of flack from the Ryle fans but I just don't see Hempel as a D1 QB. My sample size is small but I just don't see it. With that being said, he's an athlete and has size so anything is possible but I've never been overly impressed with him as a passer.

where did you get this list for Towles? I don't see it. His ball floats too much, and not a real compact delivery. I hope he proves me wrong, but i see him playing DII maybe a MAC school.

 

I would put my House down that Towles goes to a BCS school.

I know I'll get a ton of flack from the Ryle fans but I just don't see Hempel as a D1 QB. My sample size is small but I just don't see it. With that being said, he's an athlete and has size so anything is possible but I've never been overly impressed with him as a passer.

 

I love the way the kid plays the game. I think he is an exceptional athlete, but I also think that he is a stretch as a D1 QB. I am sure part of it is the offense that is run at Ryle, but he struggles with accuracy. He's got the arm strength no question and definitely the moxy, but what I have seen so far leaves me thinking that safety might be a better future position for the young man. The colleges may see the potential, and under the right system he may blossom into an outstanding college qb. However, right now I think he would make a better Safety at the next level.

As others have already stated, stats are misleading. First off, Ryle has only played 3 games. Quite a few teams have played 4. And in one of the games (blowout of CCH) it was so one-sided there was absolutely no reason for him to throw. Secondly, Ryle has the top RB in NKY. They are a obviously a run-first team and this affects his opportunities. Thirdly, Hempel is now working for his third offensive coordinator and has an entirely new set of WR's he is working with, not to mention the ones he lost last year (Fugate, Eubanks, Nichols) were pretty darn good. The passing game is still a work in progress.

 

He's good, I promise you. He has a strong arm, he is a very good runner, and makes good decisions. He and Towles are similar. The have similar arm strength and both are fine runners. I give an edge to Hempel in experience/decision-making and an edge to Towles in size. No question that Towles will only get better and be an absolute force next year. But to say he is currently "by far" better than Hempel is wrong and a bit of Highlands bravado.

 

No Highlands homer here Coop but I have to disagree with you on your assessment of Towles and Hempel being similar QB's.

 

First off, Towles is 2-3 inches taller and probably 35-45 lbs heavier than Hempel.

 

Decision making/Experience going to Hempel? If you're referring to class/age in terms of experience, I agree. Decision making? No. Towles came on the scene in a nationally televised game against GCL power St. Xavier and did nothing but keep the Birds offense rolling past the Bombers and to the class 5A state championship. You don't get more experience than playing in the state championship.

 

Towles also doesn't hold the ball as long as Hempel which leads to less sacks and he isn't afraid to run the ball.

 

By far the better QB? Not right now, but by the time these two meet in 6 weeks and this time next year, it won't even be a question.

 

Towles is a high major prospect whereas Hempel is a small FCS type QB. And there's nothing wrong with that. Towles is simply that good.

 

I ask you this...would Ryle have a better record with Hempel or Towles running the show?

Here is a list of schools looking at Chad Lawrence Bowling Green, Eastern Kentucky, Holy Cross, Indiana State, Middle Tennessee, Ohio, and Wofford.

 

I assume you pulled that list from catspause also. You need to get them to forward that info on to Rivals. Currently Rivals only has Wofford listed for Lawrence.

Whom is lookiing at Hempel?

Here is Hempel's list of schools from Rivals.com:

 

COLLEGE CHOICES

School....................Interest...........Offer

Bowling Green.........Medium.........Offered

Harvard .................Medium.........Offered

Louisville................Medium

Miami (OH).............Medium.........Offered

Ohio......................Medium

Vanderbilt..............Medium

Wake Forest...........Medium

Western Kentucky....Medium..........Offered

 

 

Looking at the schools offering, Connor is obviously a very smart kid as well. There are some great academic schools on that list.

I think Hempel will play baseball in college..JMO

I think Hempel will play baseball in college..JMO

 

There isn't much money to be offered in baseball. I don't know who is offering him in baseball but if he doesn't get a school like the above offering him in baseball, I see him choosing a school that will let him play both.

There isn't much money to be offered in baseball. I don't know who is offering him in baseball but if he doesn't get a school like the above offering him in baseball, I see him choosing a school that will let him play both.

 

There is when you are smart and can play..

I love the way the kid plays the game. I think he is an exceptional athlete, but I also think that he is a stretch as a D1 QB. I am sure part of it is the offense that is run at Ryle, but he struggles with accuracy. He's got the arm strength no question and definitely the moxy, but what I have seen so far leaves me thinking that safety might be a better future position for the young man. The colleges may see the potential, and under the right system he may blossom into an outstanding college qb. However, right now I think he would make a better Safety at the next level.

 

His future is in baseball. I don't think that he is fast enough to play safety at a high level. He could in D-III. If he plays football in college it will be as a QB, but I don't see him being a DI QB.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.