Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville Trinity/Cincinnati Saint Xavier Predictions

Louisville Trinity vs. Cincinnati Saint Xavier - Who Wins? 87 members have voted

  1. 1. Louisville Trinity vs. Cincinnati Saint Xavier - Who Wins?

    • Louisville Trinity
      41%
      36
    • Cincinnati Saint Xavier
      58%
      51

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I think we can all agree that Trinity has a heck of a team this year, and if there's one KY team who may be able to beat Cincy St. X this Friday it's Trinity. Take it to 'em Rocks!

 

I would love to believe that we can do it. In my heart I do. But Cincy X is a really tough team.

 

One thing that's encouraging, given what I've learned about X this year, is that through 3 games, Trinity is only allowing only an average of 3.4 yards per rushing attempt. (Thanks go out once again to my favorite Twitter account! :lol:)

  • Replies 127
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
I would love to believe that we can do it. In my heart I do. But Cincy X is a really tough team.

 

One thing that's encouraging, given what I've learned about X this year, is that through 3 games, Trinity is only allowing only an average of 3.4 yards per rushing attempt. (Thanks go out once again to my favorite Twitter account! :lol:)

Well, if you guys win, then it's a huge plus for Trinity (and KY prep football), and if you don't, then so what... most people expect the Bombers to win anyway. On a related note, if you guys do lose you can at least take comfort in knowing that your high standings in both the Litkenhous and Cantrall rankings are safe, as these rankings don't take into account inter-state games. I'm sure this is what's on all the Trinity fans' minds!!! j/k :ylsuper:

Well, if you guys win, then it's a huge plus for Trinity (and KY prep football), and if you don't, then so what... most people expect the Bombers to win anyway. On a related note, if you guys do lose you can at least take comfort in knowing that your high standings in both the Litkenhous and Cantrall rankings are safe, as these rankings don't take into account inter-state games. I'm sure this is what's on all the Trinity fans' minds!!! j/k :ylsuper:

 

:lol: Most of us still feel it's too early to crown us #1 in any rankings. We still have Louisville X, who I suspect is a sleeping giant. :D

 

I do wonder how that one site predicts us to win by 10 points.

Check it out...there are public school districts out there that allow you to CHOOSE your school. So, remove that from the equation.

 

You are trying to paint an unfair advantage, and that's what I am trying to say...it isn't in the numbers.

 

You need look no further than Highlands to see a public school that consistently plays schools much larger than they, public and private, who achieve consistent, successful results.

 

You don't "get" it at all when it comes to the success of Trinity & X. You want to paint it as an easy task because of the number of students in the school. The fact is, without the coaching, support, buy in, discipline, time, effort, conditioning (kudos to Coach Maddox, probably the most unmentioned key to success at Trinity), it doesn't matter how many kids are on the team. There are 4 words: Pride, Loyalty, Discipline, Achievement. Trinity isn't the only school that can ascribe to that.

 

Your arguement is begining to have nothing to do with what I am saying.

 

First of all there are public schools where student CAN'T CHOOSE. So lets add those schools back into the equation. I never said it should be easy for Trinity or St. X but I will say it is easier (the er is very important) than other schools in the state.

 

You can probably answer this question without me asking, Why are there classifications in the first place?

This thread is perhaps inadvertantly being hijacked. Both schools are private. Please take it to "Public/Private Forum."

Check it out...there are public school districts out there that allow you to CHOOSE your school. So, remove that from the equation.

 

You are trying to paint an unfair advantage, and that's what I am trying to say...it isn't in the numbers.

 

You need look no further than Highlands to see a public school that consistently plays schools much larger than they, public and private, who achieve consistent, successful results.

 

You don't "get" it at all when it comes to the success of Trinity & X. You want to paint it as an easy task because of the number of students in the school. The fact is, without the coaching, support, buy in, discipline, time, effort, conditioning (kudos to Coach Maddox, probably the most unmentioned key to success at Trinity), it doesn't matter how many kids are on the team. There are 4 words: Pride, Loyalty, Discipline, Achievement. Trinity isn't the only school that can ascribe to that.

 

RM

 

Great job in putting it all in perspective. "You can't fix _ _ _ _ _ _"

 

:thumb:

Relax Trinity fans. I have seen St. Xavier Cincinnati in action. This greatest of all Rock teams, only to be surpassed by next years team, will handle the Bombers. Do not let yourselves get sucked into some want to be's efforts to drum up private vs. public, few vs. many, haves vs. have nots debate. This is just a vailed attempt to get this thread closed and take some of the deserving spotlight off of the Trinity 2010 juggernaut facing an awesome Ohio team. Everyone knows who is number one and the true reasons. These are undeniable. Hail to the Rocks.

I just don't think the Rocks have the seasoning yet to win. Thus and regrettably, the Bombers by 7 or so.

I get it...Trinity hasn't beaten anybody this year because they haven't play a school with the same enrollment numbers. So, if Cincy X beats Trinity with an enrollment of over 1450 student that's also becuase of their superior numbers right? Who should Cincy X play to get a good game, Fairfield, the largest school in Ohio, who lost every game they played in 2007? How many different classes should states have to make sure the competition is fair? Would 10 or 12 be enough? Rob, what you are ignoring is that there are only many football players in the world...not all kids play football...it's not like Trinity has tryouts and the entire student body of 1300 shows up and Beatty and company then picks the top 100.

Edited by Ram
Rule 5

Rob, I get it...Trinity hasn't beaten anybody this year because they haven't play a school with the same enrollment numbers. So, if Cincy X beats Trinity with an enrollment of over 1450 student that's also becuase of their superior numbers right? Who should Cincy X play to get a good game, Fairfield, the largest school in Ohio, who lost every game they played in 2007? How many different classes should states have to make sure the competition is fair? Would 10 or 12 be enough? Rob, what you are ignoring is that there are only many football players in the world...not all kids play football...it's not like Trinity has tryouts and the entire student body of 1300 shows up and Beatty and company then picks the top 100.

 

Park

 

SAve your ink and your time. Alan hit it on the head -- "just some wannabe who wants to hijack the thread."

 

Guess he missed the part about the North Lawrence game - a beautiful school with a 110 acre campus and about several thousand enrollement- as I understand it . Ooopps there he goes.....got me playin' his game.

 

Forgetaboutit and forget about him. Not relevant.

 

GO ROCKS........ continue to be the juggernaut that Alan has proclaimed.

:thumb:

Park

 

SAve your ink and your time. Alan hit it on the head -- "just some wannabe who wants to hijack the thread."

 

Guess he missed the part about the North Lawrence game - a beautiful school with a 110 acre campus and about several thousand enrollement- as I understand it . Ooopps there he goes.....got me playin' his game.

 

Forgetaboutit and forget about him. Not relevant.

 

GO ROCKS........ continue to be the juggernaut that Alan has proclaimed.

:thumb:

 

You still can't deny that a higher enrollment is an advantage. Doesn't necessarily mean success but it is an advantage that other schools don't have.

I am changing my prediction. Since T has 300 or so more young men. I am giving them a TD per each 100. T wins by a bunch! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

This game comes down to Trinity's offense against St Xaviers ( Cincy version) defense. St X has a really good defense. I believe X's offense has given up more points than their defense. I like defenses to win in these kind of close games, but this will be a seriously close game. My heart is with T but my brain says X in a nailbiter.

I am sure I read somewhere (maybe their site last year) that Lawrence North has over 2000 students.

I am sure I read somewhere (maybe their site last year) that Lawrence North has over 2000 students.

 

You are correct. I looked up the numbers and they are a public high school of 2498 students. I assume about half are boys making it about 1250 boys. But then again they are a basketball school and their football team is 0 -4. Losing to all larger high schools.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.