Trinity 22 Elder (OH) 20

rockmom

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last Elder td was by #5. He played a good game. He took a hit that would send most guys into next week but popped right up and played his heart out. Speaking of gutsy, the Steffey kid was fighting cramps the whole 4th quarter and still kept making things happen. Elder fans were loud and classy. I'm sure the loss was a heartbreaker after their comeback. The puppies on Trinity still are having a few accidents, but their bite is pretty scarey.... I am glad they are playing this schedule instead of bulldozing the locals.... (who would not have had half as many fans there). Great game for the Rocks and Rock fans... Elder is Elder and will be back in force.

I was impressed by the discipline of both teams. Little or no laundry on the field despite some incredible (but clean) hits on both sides of the ball. An extremely hard-hitting contest with several plays where helmets were dislodged, but the kids always bounced up and got back into the action. WOW, just a great atmosphere for a high school game!

Trinity's prayer by the chaplain that opened the pre-game ceremonies was a really neat touch and well-received by the huge crowd. Two class programs. Hats off to the Elder faithful who came down in droves. Picture perfect weather!

Wow! One of the most exciting games I've ever seen at Trinity. T led the whole game until about 3 and half minutes to go when #5 for Elder caught a middle screen, broke a tackle and scored from about 30 yds out to give Elder their first lead, 20-16. T returned the ensuing kickoff

to their 36 or so, and then embarked a classic game-ending drive to win it at the buzzer.

I don't believe Elder was called for a single penalty the whole game, nor do I recall them having a turnover. Thus, T had to earn this win.

T made what I think was their only TO to give Elder the ball at midfield which led to Elder's TD to give them the lead.

Elder was very well coached IMO and they didn't bite on plays that perhaps would be successful against lesser opponents of T.

You hear a lot about Quick and Hatcher for T but do not underestimate the QB, Wright. He shows uncommon poise for a soph and has a quick release.

All in all, a very satisfying come-back win for such a young team.

Quick gets his share of the ball but there is a lot of talent out there. This not just a James Quick team by any means. He gets less than half the touches Collinsworth for Highlands got per game last year.

Isn't Quick a wr? If so it would make sense he'd get less touches than a rb. From the little I've seen he impacts the game whether or not he touches the ball. Major talent.

WOW! What a great high school football game! Elder is a class program and so are there fans!!! Congrats to my Rocks for a great comeback win! This game could have gone either way! Definitely a game for the history books. I'm tired and have no voice left... I'm out! GO ROCKS! #20