Trinity 22 Elder (OH) 20

rockmom

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No suprise here. I was a little shocked that the score was this close. It must have been the youth of the rocks that kept this one was so close but their superior talent pulls them through.

Alan

Thank you once again for your accolades. It was certainly pressed. As I understand it, the Other X may have the superior talent this week. WE have to be the underdog this week - regardless of the site.

Great win Rocks.

Many of the comments here regarding surprise (whether mock or not) that the game was close speak volumes about how far the program has come in Coach Beatty's tenure. When your program reaches the point that a win over a GCL and national powerhouse is questioned, your program is in a very good place.

Other than Trinity in 2002 and 2010, who was the last Kentucky team to beat Elder?

How has Trinity's new man defensive scheme been working? Has it been a cover 1 mainly or is it a man under cover 2 look?

I think that the defensive backs are still struggling with the deep ball, they seem to loose track of deep patterns, it will only get better, the Rocks are still looking for the right combination of players to fill those positions, but the linebackers and really the whole defense will hit you, wide open every play. Go Rocks this will be a tought test for sure!