Poor Little Beechwood

Ram

In the Highlands/Beechwood thread some are talking about how Beechwood is slipping.:lol: You be the judge, how is "Poor Little Beechwood" fielding a team?

DATE dot.gif
OPPONENT
dot.gif
SITE
dot.gif
SCORE
STATS?
Aug 21, 09 Open home
Aug 29, 09 Dixie Heights at Nippert Stadium 7 - 47 (L) Click
Sep 4, 09 Highlands home 20 - 48 (L) Click
Sep 11, 09 Holy Cross (Covington) home 36 - 35 (W) Click (Overtime)
Sep 19, 09 Covington Catholic away 14 - 43 (L) Click
Sep 25, 09 Dayton home 49 - 7 (W) Click
Oct 3, 09 Walton-Verona away 55 - 0 (W) Click
Oct 9, 09 Ludlow home 49 - 2 (W) Click
Oct 16, 09 Bishop Brossart away 54 - 7 (W) Click
Oct 23, 09 Bellevue away 20 - 8 (W) Click
Oct 30, 09 Newport Central Catholic home 22 - 26 (L) Click
Nov 6, 09 Trimble County home 54 - 0 (W) Click Class 1A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Nov 13, 09 Eminence home 58 - 0 (W) Click Class 1A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Nov 20, 09 Bellevue home 41 - 20 (W) Click Class 1A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Nov 27, 09 Mayfield away 0 - 38 (L) Click Class 1A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl

DATE dot.gif
OPPONENT
dot.gif
SITE
dot.gif
SCORE
STATS?
Aug 29, 08 Dixie Heights home 29 - 6 (W) Click
Sep 5, 08 Lloyd Memorial away 34 - 12 (W) Click
Sep 12, 08 Dayton away 51 - 0 (W) Click
Sep 19, 08 Bishop Brossart home 56 - 0 (W) Click
Sep 26, 08 Ludlow away 61 - 6 (W) Click
Oct 2, 08 Covington Catholic home 35 - 21 (W) Click
Oct 11, 08 Prestonsburg home 43 - 14 (W) Click
Oct 17, 08 Holy Cross (Covington) away 28 - 7 (W) Click
Oct 24, 08 Bellevue home 48 - 0 (W) Click
Oct 31, 08 Open home
Nov 7, 08 Newport Central Catholic away 20 - 31 (L) Click
Nov 14, 08 Trimble County home 42 - 6 (W) Click Class 1A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Nov 21, 08 Ludlow home 54 - 0 (W) Click Class 1A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Nov 28, 08 Frankfort away 42 - 14 (W) Click Class 1A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Dec 5, 08 Crittenden County home 34 - 0 (W) Click Class 1A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Dec 12, 08 Hazard at Papa John's Cardinal Stadium, Louisville 14 - 7 (W) no Class 1A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl

DATE dot.gif
OPPONENT
dot.gif
SITE
dot.gif
SCORE
Aug 25, 07 Dixie Heights away 21 - 17 (W)
Aug 31, 07 Lloyd Memorial home 20 - 0 (W)
Sep 7, 07 Dayton home 46 - 7 (W)
Sep 15, 07 Bishop Brossart away 76 - 6 (W)
Sep 21, 07 Ludlow home 56 - 6 (W)
Sep 28, 07 Covington Catholic away 7 - 14 (L)
Oct 6, 07 Prestonsburg away 38 - 21 (W)
Oct 12, 07 Holy Cross (Covington) home 17 - 3 (W)
Oct 19, 07 Bellevue away 48 - 14 (W)
Oct 26, 07 Open home
Nov 2, 07 Newport Central Catholic home 28 - 41 (L)
Nov 9, 07 Ludlow home 47 - 12 (W) Class 1A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Nov 16, 07 Bellevue home 35 - 2 (W) Class 1A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Nov 23, 07 Holy Cross (Louisville) home 42 - 7 (W) Class 1A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Nov 30, 07 Frankfort away 49 - 17 (W) Class 1A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Dec 7, 07 Lexington Christian at Papa John's Cardinal Stadium, Louisville 38 - 35 (W) Class 1A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to say they are slipping or anything BUT last year's results were what you would expect...they beat all the bad teams on their schedule and lost to all the strong teams on the schedule.

You probably just offended fans of Holy Cross and Bellevue. But I see your point. The 5A/6A games last year were not competitive. Last year Beechwood only had 8 seniors and little size in the line which made it difficult to hang with the big teams. Sometimes those things happen. It was still a very good year for about any 1A school in the state, except I guess Beechwood.

And thank you Ram for pulling up the details for all to see. Let's see ... the schools that can match that record in the past three years are Highlands, Ft. Campbell, Trinity, Central and maybe St. X. That is pretty good company.

It would probably be a good idea to clarify the fact that no one who is actually a REAL Beechwood fan is complaining that the program is slipping. And the people who are complaining are out of touch with what is going on there.

Beechwood was/is/will continue to be more than fine. But then again, I am sure that everyone there loves the fact that people are talking them down so much.

Beechwood is also in the middle of a great facilities upgrade that will only continue to serve the program well in the future. Let the haters hate; because, no one at Beechwood give a crap what you think anyway.

Edited by Birdsfan

You probably just offended fans of Holy Cross and Bellevue. But I see your point. The 5A/6A games last year were not competitive. Last year Beechwood only had 8 seniors and little size in the line which made it difficult to hang with the big teams. Sometimes those things happen. It was still a very good year for about any 1A school in the state, except I guess Beechwood.

And thank you Ram for pulling up the details for all to see. Let's see ... the schools that can match that record in the past three years are Highlands, Ft. Campbell, Trinity, Central and maybe St. X. That is pretty good company.

Yea those programs are ok....:lol:

It would probably be a good idea to quantify the fact that no one who is actually a REAL Beechwood fan is complaining that the program is slipping.

And the people who are complaining are out of touch with what is going on there.

Beechwood was/is/will continue to be more than fine.

But then again ... I am sure that everyone there loves the fact that people are talking them down so much.

Beechwood is also in the middle of a great facilities upgrade .. that will only continue to serve the program well in the future.

Let the haters hate ... because no one at Beechwood give a crap what you think anyway.

I didn't know Beechwood had haters.

Personally , I have a lot of respect for Beechwood , just for the fact that they will play HHS in football. They represent NKY on and off the field in a very respectable manner. Great school , students and teachers and coaches , and don't forget all the state titles !! What is there to hate ??

I would also add that losing to a very average CCH team the way they did in 2009 and getting shutout in the state semis to Mayfield-see scores above-definately on a downward trend. One loss to a Holy Cross or a Bellevue and you'll hear the cat calls from all over Fort Mitchell.

It's true that BW has been doing very well in 1A over the past several years, but take a look at where the program was at in the 1990s. Ryan Ernst wrote about it in a column recently. Consider the following: BW won a NKY team-record 38 straight games in the 1990s. They beat CovCath SEVEN times in the 1990s, including two wins (in 1994 and 1997) against CCH teams that won state titles that year! They even beat Wyoming (Ohio). Some people have said that for a couple of years in the 1990s, BW was the best team in NKY, regardless of class.

When you compare these kinds of achievements with what BW has been doing recently, it does appear that something is missing, does it not?

One obvious "missing piece" is the head coach; Yeagle is no longer at the helm.

What they have done in the past really has nothing to do with where they are today as far as numbers and if they are slipping or not. I wouldnt say they are slipping but they clearly are not the power they once were who could whip CovCath and other bigger schools.

Thanks History.

C'mon quickslick, Beechwood is down by Beechwood standards. They are still a very strong 1A school but they are slipping.

And Ram, go start some threads about Raceland being Raceland...

I agree on the young part .... I don't agree on the slipping.

A couple of small classes doesn't mean that a program is slipping .. it means that they have had smaller classes.

Right now--one starter on defense is a senior. (Offense is not significantly different).

To me--Beechwood will always be about getting the absolute most out of what you have .. whether that be the number of athletes, facilities .. whatever.

If you compare the 90's to now ... sure .. things are different.

But Beechwood's dominance had a lot to do with the fact that teams had to improve and get more out of what they have. (Which Beechwood has always done).

Not to mention ... 5 trips to the state championship game and 3 titles is solid (with one of those wins by the former HC).