Is Ryle the clear favorite to win NKY 6A?

theguru

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll go with "favorite"; not sure about "clear favorite". While Boone looks to be mismatched on paper the next couple of weeks; they've probably impressed more than SK so far, and probably would not be a pushover for the Raiders.

I agree. I would rank them 1 - Ryle, 2 - Boone County 3 - everybody else...

I'll go with "favorite"; not sure about "clear favorite". While Boone looks to be mismatched on paper the next couple of weeks; they've probably impressed more than SK so far, and probably would not be a pushover for the Raiders.

Let's not forget that Middletown would also smoke most teams in NKY not named Highlands.

I wouldnt crown em just yet. I think Boone Co has put up a couple reputable wins over the last 2 weeks and if they can keep the ball out of Ryle's offensive hands they could knock off the Raiders.

So you think the challenger to Ryle at this point is Boone and not Simon?

I don't think there's a defense in NKY 6A that can slow down the Raiders' offense enough to beat them. Even if there is a game in which someone scores a fair amount on the Ryle's defense, they have more than enough weapons to win a shootout.

Boone is definitely interesting right now though. It'll be easier to get a better read on them once they start playing some teams up here. But they have certainly gotten off to a nice start and turned some heads.

Ru, you get to see all the NKY teams a whole lot more than I, but from I've seen of Boone and Conner, and what I've read of SK and Ryle...Ryle appears to be a good 2 TDs better than any other NKY 6A school...at least.

CM, your comments seem somewhat perplexing to me. In the Oldham Co./Conner prediction thread, I believe you said the following:

Conner is pretty much re-building after having a tremendous squad last year with only four returning starters and the key to the offense (QB West) gone. Oldham is pretty much the same team that lost in a hard-fought battle to Conner last year, but with an extra year of seasoning. The defense appears to be Oldham's strong suit, but both lines return virtually intact, and the linebacking corps will likely be one of the area's best. The top two running backs are both back, and on special teams, both kickers return, including a placekicker who can hit 40+ and a punter with a hangtime of 4+ seconds...

Then you went on to make the following prediction:

I'm picking Oldham to win this one, 17-0.

What exactly did you see in the Oldham/Conner game? Just curious.