Is Ryle the clear favorite to win NKY 6A?

theguru

Probably correct. But when the next Highlands game and playoff games do come around, it won't be so easy to just turn on the passing switch if you haven't used it much all season long. Ryle has bigger goals than just the NKY 6A title and they're going to have to use the passing game to reach those goals.

How many 7 on 7's did Ryle partcipate in this summer?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry, there is no NKY 6A team that will EVER win a state championship. Keep working hard though, might make it to the game. It's just the nature of the beast and the way things are set up. It is what it is.

Yes, NKY schools have made it to several championship games. And I certainly think they will one day win the game. You make it to the final game and you have a chance to win it. The Louisivlle two-headed monster is a huge challenge, but not impossible.

I don't believe any, but I also don't think that not doing so is what ails their passing game.

Ryle has played two games. They had no need to throw the ball against CovCath and they struggled mightily vs the overall #1 team in the state, according to a few polls. I expect Hempel to have just as many TD passes come seasons end, as he has had the past two years (18-20 range). He may rush and throw for 1,000. That will statistically be good enough to open up the I running game.

I don't believe any, but I also don't think that not doing so is what ails their passing game.

Are you serious? I guarantee it has something to do with it. Another factor is that Bryson hasn't bought into the whole passing the ball thing..lol Must be that Boone Co. mentality.

Ryle has played two games. They had no need to throw the ball against CovCath and they struggled mightily vs the overall #1 team in the state, according to a few polls. I expect Hempel to have just as many TD passes come seasons end, as he has had the past two years (18-20 range). He may rush and throw for 1,000. That will statistically be good enough to open up the I running game.

As do I and have never said differently. I was assuming raiderbird was implying Ryle not participating in 7 on 7's was the reason their passing game hasn't come out of the gate strong and stating that I do not think this had any effect.

Are you serious? I guarantee it has something to do with it. Another factor is that Bryson hasn't bought into the whole passing the ball thing..lol Must be that Boone Co. mentality.

7 on 7's is overrated. Not having to throw over lineman or without a pass rush doesn't give you any true indication of your passing game abilities and you can accomplish just as much in your own practices.

Yes, NKY schools have made it to several championship games. And I certainly think they will one day win the game. You make it to the final game and you have a chance to win it. The Louisivlle two-headed monster is a huge challenge, but not impossible.

In 6A, several? I know of two appearances, right? SK and Ryle, correct? Weren't both of these very ugly games? I was at the Ryle/Trinity game and I can tell you first hand that is was ugly, very ugly. I believe Ryle played all of their playoff games at home, correct? Once they reached the title game, Trinity just over matched them. Men against boys. IMHO, Ryle will always be chasing the two headed monster and will never win a state championship in 6A, but they are where they want to be, playing with the big boys and the big boy facilities.

In 6A, several? I know of two appearances, right? SK and Ryle, correct? Weren't both of these very ugly games? I was at the Ryle/Trinity game and I can tell you first hand that is was ugly, very ugly. I believe Ryle played all of their playoff games at home, correct? Once they reached the title game, Trinity just over matched them. Men against boys. IMHO, Ryle will always be chasing the two headed monster and will never win a state championship in 6A, but they are where they want to be, playing with the big boys and the big boy facilities.

Yes, Ryle was beaten badly. So? That means they or any other NKY team can NEVER compete in the state title game? I don't follow that logic at all. Yes, it is a daunting task. X/T are first-rate, superior programs, but it's hardly an impossibility that an NKY team can one day win the title.

I have talked to Coach Warner about passing the football on more than one occasion and I firmly believe he "gets it."