Dickerson for ... Edmonds

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Dickerson had 0 chance of being an everyday player in Cincy. He was behind Gomes, Bruce, Stubbs, and Heisey. This deal gives them more veteran leadership for the stretch run and a solid bat that can spell all 3 OF positions.
Dickerson should have been up and playing some in left, in my opinion. Gomes needs some help against righthanders.

Good move. He gives the Reds some much needed experience. Its a low risk move--Dickerson was not in the Reds long-term plans anyway. It isn't as though they gave up Heisey, Francisco or one of their young arms. Dickerson is nothing more than a spare outfielder.

That is how I felt about it. I am much happier moving Dicerkson than I am Heisey, which was rumored earlier in the season.

With all the age on the left side of the infield, they may want to rethink Francisco going away. I guess they bring him back up if needed though. I still really like Edmonds on the club.

He just seems the most logical choice to make room right now. He would still be a phone call away if needed...