Dickerson for ... Edmonds

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, folks this is not speculation by westsider...this deal actually happened this morning.

I understand why the move was made. It is a go for it move and I would take Edmonds at the plate in a clutch situation over Dickerson. Jocketty has made the decision that Dickerson is not in the long term picture in Cincinnati so he sees the move as something (Edmonds) for nothing (Dickerson). But Edmonds can't stay on the field. He is an old, broken down veteran. Cross your fingers big time. If healthy, he will get a clutch hit or two for us. The odds on him staying healthy the rest of the year are very long. Jocketty is rolling the dice again. Hopefully the lucky streak continues.

Yes, folks this is not speculation by westsider...this deal actually happened this morning.

I understand why the move was made. It is a go for it move and I would take Edmonds at the plate in a clutch situation over Dickerson. Jocketty has made the decision that Dickerson is not in the long term picture in Cincinnati so he sees the move as something (Edmonds) for nothing (Dickerson). But Edmonds can't stay on the field. He is an old, broken down veteran. Cross your fingers big time. If healthy, he will get a clutch hit or two for us. The odds on him staying healthy the rest of the year are very long. Jocketty is rolling the dice again. Hopefully the lucky streak continues.

You do realize he isn't being brought in to play everyday right?

You do realize he isn't being brought in to play everyday right?

Yes, but I hate to see potential traded for two clutch hits. Clearly the Reds and Jocketty don't see Dickerson having any kind of future here. They know better than I so I will keep drinking the kool aid and hope it works.

The way Edmonds has hit for Milwaukee, he needs to spell Gomes some in left field.

Both are fourth outfielders, but I'm sure Jocketty likes Edmonds from their St. Louis days ... and he has been productive this season, more so than anyone had a right to expect.

The way Edmonds has hit for Milwaukee, he needs to spell Gomes some in left field.

Both are fourth outfielders, but I'm sure Jocketty likes Edmonds from their St. Louis days ... and he has been productive this season, more so than anyone had a right to expect.

I see Edmonds more in center against the tough right handers than in left.

Yes, but I hate to see potential traded for two clutch hits. Clearly the Reds and Jocketty don't see Dickerson having any kind of future here. They know better than I so I will keep drinking the kool aid and hope it works.

Dickerson had 0 chance of being an everyday player in Cincy. He was behind Gomes, Bruce, Stubbs, and Heisey. This deal gives them more veteran leadership for the stretch run and a solid bat that can spell all 3 OF positions.

Dickerson's potential is exactly what he is ... a fourth outfielder, maybe a platoon guy. He gets on base some and can help a team, but he's not a potential star by any means.