Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dickerson for ... Edmonds

Featured Replies

  • Replies 94
  • Views 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting move ...

 

No way. Edmonds is limited to what he can give you. Playoff experience, power yes. Play defense, steal a base no way. All he does today for Milwaukee is pinch hit and maybe play the field once in awhile.

Please no...

 

It's official...

LOVE it...

 

:thumb:

 

A proven MLB bat that can add some much needed offense to the OF.

No way. Edmonds is limited to what he can give you. Playoff experience, power yes. Play defense, steal a base no way. All he does today for Milwaukee is pinch hit and maybe play the field once in awhile.

 

240 PA's say differently....

Yes, folks this is not speculation by westsider...this deal actually happened this morning.

 

I understand why the move was made. It is a go for it move and I would take Edmonds at the plate in a clutch situation over Dickerson. Jocketty has made the decision that Dickerson is not in the long term picture in Cincinnati so he sees the move as something (Edmonds) for nothing (Dickerson). But Edmonds can't stay on the field. He is an old, broken down veteran. Cross your fingers big time. If healthy, he will get a clutch hit or two for us. The odds on him staying healthy the rest of the year are very long. Jocketty is rolling the dice again. Hopefully the lucky streak continues.

I am not sure how I feel about this move yet. I would have rather it been Nix if they could have done that. However I will trust in Walt. The Rolen move turned out great, so hopefully this does too.

Yes, folks this is not speculation by westsider...this deal actually happened this morning.

 

I understand why the move was made. It is a go for it move and I would take Edmonds at the plate in a clutch situation over Dickerson. Jocketty has made the decision that Dickerson is not in the long term picture in Cincinnati so he sees the move as something (Edmonds) for nothing (Dickerson). But Edmonds can't stay on the field. He is an old, broken down veteran. Cross your fingers big time. If healthy, he will get a clutch hit or two for us. The odds on him staying healthy the rest of the year are very long. Jocketty is rolling the dice again. Hopefully the lucky streak continues.

 

You do realize he isn't being brought in to play everyday right?

You do realize he isn't being brought in to play everyday right?

 

Yes, but I hate to see potential traded for two clutch hits. Clearly the Reds and Jocketty don't see Dickerson having any kind of future here. They know better than I so I will keep drinking the kool aid and hope it works.

  • Author

The way Edmonds has hit for Milwaukee, he needs to spell Gomes some in left field.

 

Both are fourth outfielders, but I'm sure Jocketty likes Edmonds from their St. Louis days ... and he has been productive this season, more so than anyone had a right to expect.

The way Edmonds has hit for Milwaukee, he needs to spell Gomes some in left field.

 

Both are fourth outfielders, but I'm sure Jocketty likes Edmonds from their St. Louis days ... and he has been productive this season, more so than anyone had a right to expect.

 

I see Edmonds more in center against the tough right handers than in left.

Yes, but I hate to see potential traded for two clutch hits. Clearly the Reds and Jocketty don't see Dickerson having any kind of future here. They know better than I so I will keep drinking the kool aid and hope it works.

 

Dickerson had 0 chance of being an everyday player in Cincy. He was behind Gomes, Bruce, Stubbs, and Heisey. This deal gives them more veteran leadership for the stretch run and a solid bat that can spell all 3 OF positions.

  • Author
Yes, but I hate to see potential traded for two clutch hits. Clearly the Reds and Jocketty don't see Dickerson having any kind of future here. They know better than I so I will keep drinking the kool aid and hope it works.
Dickerson's potential is exactly what he is ... a fourth outfielder, maybe a platoon guy. He gets on base some and can help a team, but he's not a potential star by any means.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.