Dickerson for ... Edmonds

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That all makes sense but who plays where and who gets sent down. I don't think this makes the defense better and it could mess with the chemistry of this team but if it helps great he is a proven veteran with some playoff experience.

I don't see how it could mess with the chemistry. Edmonds is another from the Scott Rolen mold that has been such a positive influence on the team.

Anyone else think Edmonds is going to love getting a chance to stick it to La Russa just like Rolen and Jocketty?

I really like the move. Both Stubbs and Bruce have been getting way too many at bats and not producing a lick offensively for a long time now. It is obvious that the reds brass do not think Dickerson had a future hear, and I am sure his comments during spring training were part of the reason. So, getting a guy who has been thru the wars before, and can hopefully provide some 'mentorship' for the young outfielders, will be a welcome thing. I do hope though that is is not only Gomes or Stubbs who sees less at bats now.

Travis Wood was optioned to Louisville to make room for Edmonds on the roster.

Thought it was a strange move at first, but after seeing off days on Thursday and Monday they only need 4 starters until the middle of the Arizona series and Wood could be recalled by then...