Dickerson for ... Edmonds

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my thoughts on what might happen. I still think Francisco gets sent down either today or tomorrow, and we'll see Chapman called up. I think Leake will be DL'd sometime after tonight's game with some ailment so the Reds can limit his innings, and then the Reds can recall Wood before 10 days due to an injury. I also think we'll see Bailey recalled, and Fisher sent back down.

I like all of this. It is obvious that Leake is NOT the same pitcher he was a month ago. I don't know if it is the number of innings catching up to him, the change in the number of off days between starts, the league catching up to him or a combination of these things but whatever he needs some downtime and Bailey needs to start earning his paycheck. He was afterall their best pitcher last September and if he can duplicate that he could be a huge boost to this team. I feel really good about the makeup of this team for September after possibly a few callups from Louisville. Their bench could be deep and their bullpen loaded which could allow the "toothpick" to run them in and out at will. Heck maybe even Harangatang may be able to help out of the pen a little.