Dickerson for ... Edmonds

I like the move, they get a guy with a lot of experience in pennant races and the playoffs for a guy who is pushing 30 and isn't going to be an everyday player with no playoff/pennant race experience. 28-30 year old 4th outfielders are easy to find even if this doesn't work out.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The Reds are covered there. My guess is Stubbs gets a week or two in Louisville.

They are only covered there by Cairo who is also the replacement at 2nd and 3rd. I guess it really depends on Phillips. If he is good to go they send down Fransisco. If not it's likely Stubbs...

They are only covered there by Cairo who is also the replacement at 2nd and 3rd. I guess it really depends on Phillips. If he is good to go they send down Fransisco. If not it's likely Stubbs...

Stubbs could use the AB's to get right and Votto will hopefully need less time than Rolen or Phillips off. I'm guessing Rolen sits Wednesday if the Reds win tonight or tomorrow. Francisco around isn't a bad thing w/ Rolen getting as many days off as he gets. It's interesting no doubt.

Man, you guys are down on Stubbs ...

Edmonds is not a centerfielder at this point ... he helps the Reds as a corner guy more than anything.

I really like Stubbs but in all fairness until saturday night he was absolutley lost at the plate for well over a month. Just bad out after bad out, the same goes for Bruce though. That's why I like this move maybe it takes some of the pressure off of those two young guys who haven't been in this position before. If nothing else the added leadership never hurts.

Man, you guys are down on Stubbs ...

Edmonds is not a centerfielder at this point ... he helps the Reds as a corner guy more than anything.

I really like Stubbs, but I don't think a week or two in Louisville would hurt him. Heisey can play CF every day. Edmonds won't get a ton if time in center is my guess.

Stubbs could use the AB's to get right and Votto will hopefully need less time than Rolen or Phillips off. I'm guessing Rolen sits Wednesday if the Reds win tonight or tomorrow. Francisco around isn't a bad thing w/ Rolen getting as many days off as he gets. It's interesting no doubt.

I'm not saying anything negative about Fransisco at all. Just pointing out he is the one likely to get sent down with all things considered...

I'm not saying anything negative about Fransisco at all. Just pointing out he is the one likely to get sent down with all things considered...

I know you're not. I'm not trying to be negative about Stubbs. It's just my guess he gets a week or so to get some AB's in Louisville.

I like the move. Edmonds is a winner and let him rob some other team of doubles now. I know he has lost a step, but he is still a fierce competitior. Some of the best catches by an outfielder have ever seen live and in person were by this man. I wish Dickerson well.

Walt is the best GM we have had since Bob Howsam was putting together the Big Red Machine.