Dickerson for ... Edmonds

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Dickerson had 0 chance of being an everyday player in Cincy. He was behind Gomes, Bruce, Stubbs, and Heisey. This deal gives them more veteran leadership for the stretch run and a solid bat that can spell all 3 OF positions.

That all makes sense but who plays where and who gets sent down. I don't think this makes the defense better and it could mess with the chemistry of this team but if it helps great he is a proven veteran with some playoff experience.

Stubbs could use the AB's to get right and Votto will hopefully need less time than Rolen or Phillips off. I'm guessing Rolen sits Wednesday if the Reds win tonight or tomorrow. Francisco around isn't a bad thing w/ Rolen getting as many days off as he gets. It's interesting no doubt.

I totally agree on this.

I like the move. Dickerson was not in the plans or he would have been back already. Edmonds is a strong clubhouse guy with OCTOBER experience. Jay Bruce could use him in his ear right now. I also think Francisco is best suited right now with his locker and seat on the bench beside Rolen. He can spell Rolen every 3 or 4 days and learn more about fielding being with him than being at Louisville. Stubbs can play for a month in Louisville get his confidence up and with the roll the Bats are on he will still get his fill of playoff baseball. Its all good !!

Walt Jocketty is the man.