Stadium Pictures

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...

I am surprised no one mentioned Harlan County's Stadium. Awesome stadium and will be even better when they get the visitor locker rooms and concessions stand completed on the visitors side. Great stadium and another local one in NKY as one of my favorites is Dixie's Stadium.

I love Dixie which is huge because when I was growing up and playing there in HS it was one of the worst fields in NKY, now I think it's one of the best if not the best.imagejpeg

Harlan County Coal Miners memorial Stadium

imagejpeg

They also have a Jumbo Tron!!!

I don't know if the pictures posted or not, using an ipad but in case they didnt here is a link to some pics of Harlan County's Stadium

http://images.google.com/search?hl=en&site=&tbm=isch&source=hp&q=HArlan+County+football+stadium&oq=HArlan+County+football+stadium&gs_l=img.3...5162.11244.0.11423.30.15.0.14.14.1.342.2124.0j4j4j2.10.0...0.0...1ac.1.5.img.G-0GdIhXC-s&biw=1024&bih=672&sei=JcY3UfUgxdjIAa-6gIAH#biv=i%7C0%3Bd%7CVAwrp4FWyBg35M%3A

I will also add that the Fan Base down at Harlan were also among the nicest fans we ran into last year in the post season also.

Edited by Hellbird

Maybe nobody mentioned it because it didn't exist, lol.

I agree Harlan Co stadium looks great, can't wait to visit there this fall.

You will love it, especially if they have the visitors locker room finished. When we played there the team had to use the high school as the lockerroom. But they said they would have them soon. Great stadium and I love how it sits at the foot of the mountain.

IMG_7658 - Copy.jpg

Mayfield's War Memorial Stadium, could only get to about the 30 yardline. The stadium opened for the 1949 season, a 14-14 Mayfield win over Madisonville. One of the few stadiums that streches from end zone to endzone. Also features tunnels for home and visitor teams to locker rooms under the stadium. No track puts fans close to field which makes for a great place to watch a game. Also one of the larger high swchool stadiums around.

I was looking over projects in some construction reports today, and I saw a demolition package for Putnam Stadium listed in Ashland, KY. Tell me it's just a major renovation and not a complete demolition/rebuild?? That stadium is too damn awesome to just do away with.....

Anybody have any clues about this?

I was looking over projects in some construction reports today, and I saw a demolition package for Putnam Stadium listed in Ashland, KY. Tell me it's just a major renovation and not a complete demolition/rebuild?? That stadium is too damn awesome to just do away with.....

It is pretty much a complete demolition and rebuild. The concrete bleachers are crumbling.