Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Stadium Pictures

Featured Replies

Nice pics nku, I love that first one with the orange/purple sky.

  • Replies 156
  • Views 42.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

I made a little day trip up to northern Kentucky this summer and looked at all (I think there were 21) of the high school stadiums. Many were nice, many were decent, a few were under construction, and some were just old. But I'll be honest, the historian in me absolutely loved Bellevue, Newport, Dayton and Ludlow!

Thanks guys- these are some awesome pics. Belfry's and Trinity's are state of the art. I also love seeing the old historic ones. If anyone has ever seen Russellville's stadium it also extremely unique. I assume the Simon Kenton pics included an indoor facility.

I made a little day trip up to northern Kentucky this summer and looked at all (I think there were 21) of the high school stadiums. Many were nice, many were decent, a few were under construction, and some were just old. But I'll be honest, the historian in me absolutely loved Bellevue, Newport, Dayton and Ludlow!

 

You were able to see Newport and Bellevue by just crossing under an underpass. Crazy how close those two stadiums are.

Thanks guys- these are some awesome pics. Belfry's and Trinity's are state of the art. I also love seeing the old historic ones. If anyone has ever seen Russellville's stadium it also extremely unique. I assume the Simon Kenton pics included an indoor facility.

 

Yes that is the new indoor practice facility at Simon Kenton.

You were able to see Newport and Bellevue by just crossing under an underpass. Crazy how close those two stadiums are.

 

I actually parked under the overpass and took pictures in both directions!

Nice pics guys. I really like the old versus new stadium pics.

 

Is this what you were looking for?

 

 

Precisely. Thanks for the info.

Is the Highland's field as close to the building as it appears in the pictures? I will see a game there someday hopefully.

Is the Highland's field as close to the building as it appears in the pictures? .

 

Yes.

 

The "coziest" field I've been to.

I played in a JV game on that field back in the late 70's and I think it looks the same as it did back then. :lol:

 

 

That field was not built till the mid 80's you must have played on the old middle school field that is now a shopping center.

I'll answer as completely as I can jpa.

 

Belfry's old school was the one they had occupied since the early 40's and they were in need of a new school. Anyone who had traveled to Belfry High School prior to 2005 can attest to the very poor facilities. And the athletic facilities were, to say the least, substandard. The Pike County School Board has 5 high schools and 20 middle, elementary and alternative schools to oversee. So funding has to be spread around.

 

Belfry was the oldest school in the county and the PCBOE had Belfry on the list to receive a new school for several years. The property was purchased and construction on the school and grounds was completed in time for the 2005 school year.

 

The BOE could not afford to install turf on their football field. So a group of dedicated boosters began efforts to raise the money to build the football stadium that you see in the pictures. Through corporate donations from CAM Mining and Massey Energy (which came with naming rights) as well as private donations from business and individuals this group raised over $600,000. This was more than enough to put Field Turf on the field. These donations paid for all the excavation, substructure, drainage, underlayment, etc. on the field, which saved the school board hundreds of thousands of dollars in construction costs. (estimates are at least $175,000 to construct a grass or sod football field). These savings allowed for the construction of the Football Complex building you see just beyond the end zone closest to the school.

 

We got lucky in that we were able to strike while the iron was hot. Belfry had just won back to back football championships and interest was really high at the time. A lot of Belfry graduates were more than happy to pitch in on the project, as well as many, many local businesses and other individuals. I don't know if we could have raised anywhere near that amount in todays economy.

 

Is this what you were looking for?

 

Not at all, I understand where he is coming from and IMO it is a fair question.

 

 

Neat story. Thanks for sharing and putting all of that out there. Your community needs to be congratulated for such an accomplishment.:thumb:

Great thread! It's pretty cool to see where fans spend there Fall Friday Nights! How the heck do you attach a pic???

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.